Howdy from Galveston County Texas

Tell us a bit about yourself!
josef644

Howdy from Galveston County Texas

Post by josef644 »

I purchased a stainless Rossi R92 In 45 Colt a few months ago . I have used the Steves Gunz video to slick up the action. I added a Palo Verde spring setI . I went from almost two hand to one finger working the action. Talk about sweet! I reload and have about 400 empty brass cases to load. I was not aware that Unique gun powder is scarce.

The 20” Rossi prints very well. I am delighted at its performance. I am installing a Williams peep sight on the left side. My eyes are 74 years old.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Howdy from Galveston County Texas

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome! Those Williams side mount peeps are hard to beat.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome from further down the coast!
Michael
josef644

Post by josef644 »

Thanks for the welcome.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Congrats on the new gun.

ALL components seem to come and go over the years.
Unique was not scarce in early to mid March around here but the combination of the COVID, the riots and the fact that the democrat party is pulling the usual election year shenanigans this year times ten has once again dried EVERYTHING up in a panic.

4 to 8 years of GWB and 8 years of Obama ammunition drought has driven thousands of citizens into the reloading market and while components got very scarce during the Clinton years they have occasionally disappeared entirely during the Obama and recent years. Winchester and Remington no longer really supply much to the reloading market compared to the late 1990s and what they do supply in 'bulk' is often in lots of 50 or 100 count as expensive as 'premium' boxed brands.