Hello from South Georgia

Tell us a bit about yourself!
bluestringer

Hello from South Georgia

Post by bluestringer »

I am a 68 year old male living in the cotton fields of South Georgia. I have been shooting for many years for hunting, recreation and competition. I no longer hunt and only occasionally shoot competition now, but still love to shoot for recreation. I own many guns one being a Henry lever action in 38/357. I love the old west type firearms and just purchased a used Rossi/Puma 92 lever action in 45 Colt. Don't know much about the Rossi 92, so I will probably be seeking advice here.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Hello from South Georgia

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
You have picked up a fun gun.

Former North GA boy. Now in Kalifornia, although I claim I just moved to another part of the original 1732 land grant.

I'm a fan of lever actions, semi-auto pistols and military small arms with an emphasis on U.S. weapons.
I was always an old west fan but I just recently picked up my first single action revolver since I had a pair of Lone Ranger cap pistols at age 5. Haven't exactly dropped back into the old west calibers with the exception of .45-70 in a couple lever actions though.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Welcome from a '67 UGA graduate. The 45 Colt is a fun gun, particularly if you reload for it. Any thing from cat sneeze plinking loads to heavy duty bear busters. Enjoy!

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Heavy iron

Post by Heavy iron »

Welcome to rossi-rifleman. Great to have you on board.
Ackley was right all along
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Welcome from a '67 UGA graduate. The 45 Colt is a fun gun, particularly if you reload for it. Any thing from cat sneeze plinking loads to heavy duty bear busters. Enjoy!

UGA?
Say it ain't so!

I got out of GT in 1991 and 1993.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

GT was my brother's school. He partied there for two years and wound up wearing Army green. Did okay survived 16 months (I think was) as a combat MP in the Nam, went to school on the GI Bill and became a banker.

Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

When I walked in for orientation there was a section where the campus police department told the group that they didn't have a drub problem but they had a huge alcohol problem.

One of the guys in my freshman class let me know he had just gotten a Co-op interview and it included a drug test so he was hopeful his MJ use the previous weekend wouldn't show up. Yeah, right.

At the end of my freshman year I had a room mate for the summer who managed to get a nickel bag of MJ after some effort. It was his senior year and none of his friends would smoke any of it with him because they were all trying to get a job and afraid of the drug tests. I think he wound up flushing it.

I had a randomly computer assigned room mate one summer in the dorms who would start drinking every week around Wednesday or Thursday.
Every other week or so his 'friends' would carry him in and toss me his car keys and tell me not to let him have them until he sobered up. About half the time he'd wind up stumbling to the head and praying to the porcelain idol for a couple hours.

Not exactly a huge party school but I could probably still relate a dozen alcohol related stories from my two and a half years on campus. I spent the other three years in apartments with or without room mates I knew. That was a double dozen plus years ago for me.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Welcome, your gonna like it here........ 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
josef644

Post by josef644 »

Welcome aboard.