New from Northern ILLinois!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Czechbikr

New from Northern ILLinois!

Post by Czechbikr »

Just picked up my M92 Rossi with the 20" barrel in the .357 Blued. Ran right out to the range and it ate my handloads like they were candy, both 38 Special and 357. My other lever action carbines are a Marlin 1894C in 44 Magnum and a pre-war Winchester 94 chambered in 32 Winchester Special. The last one doesn't get out much, I reload for it with 170 grain FNGC. The Marlin was my go to up to this point at one range which only permits pistol caliber long guns, but I suspect that the M92 is going to see the Marlin staying in the safe more often than not. First impressions out the door are great. I was expecting a rough action and misfeeding rounds and didn't have either. I was reading all about fluff and buff and slicking up the action, and really have no urgent need to do anything to it except clean it, lube it and shoot it to wear it in further. There could be some brand of peep sight down the road. It's extremely accurate with a very pleasant recoil. Now all I need to do is make sure I have enough 158 grain PFN bulletss to keep it well fed. I'm looking forward to learning more about the carbine. Thanks for having me!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New from Northern ILLinois!

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome aboard! Recent production?
Czechbikr

Post by Czechbikr »

Brand new from G4G guns. I haven't run the serial number but figure that it must be recent production as I understand that there was a gap in inventory not too long ago. Interesting that the seller is North of Dallas, but the shipment originated from Shreveport, LA. Just poking around for furniture suggestions...was thinking Tung oil originally, but will probably just use Renaissance Wax at first.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
I haven't done the buff and fluff yet. My three seem to work fine after cycling them and I inspected them with a fine toothed comb before buying.

They are fun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!