Hallo! From NW Indiana!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
8uck5nort

Hallo! From NW Indiana!

Post by 8uck5nort »

Joined the forum after buying a second and now a third M92 lever action in 38/357 cal.

First off I am a 35 cal nut. Most versatile caliber ever making it the one true caliber :D

Second all my firearms are for work. They better bring down game or just work or I work on em til they do work. At least if there is a good "How to" on internet.

My current M92 collection is only in 38/357 mag. My fist M92 Rossi I bought about 10 years ago and was a brand new 16 inch barrel with some nice furniture. Did not feed or work for anything. Jammed trying to load the tube and jammed trying feed them once I managed to load em. But I loved how it handled in the deer woods. Unfortunately I was not as learned in firearms at the time and did not have that work ethic I now posses. That was one of the few rifles I have let go and have regretted it ever since. fast forward to now and I was at my favorite LGS and they a had just taken in a unfired engraved Amadeo Rossi with its box and papers. Uhhh, I don't remember when I said I will take it, but it followed me home. I got to shoot it for the first time this fathers day and man it worked like a dream with both 38 s and 357s... Nothing at all like the first one I owned. No goofy safety either. Went back yesterday to the same LGS and low and behold what did they have sitting on the used gun rack, but a 16 inch 92. Action is smooth and it appears to function just fine. Will not know until I get some ammo through it once I get it off lay-a-away. I don't remeber eversaying I will take it, but I got the ticket saying I did. The guys at my favorite LGS just know me to well... :)
Last edited by 8uck5nort on 20 Jun 2019 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to improve myself one shot at a time!
Mongo

Re: Hallo! From NW Indiana!

Post by Mongo »

Howdy from Texas!

Mongo
8uck5nort

Post by 8uck5nort »

Howdy Mongo!

Just so happens you are just up the road from where my brother lives in Richardson.

I have roots in the Lone Star State. I lived in and went to HS in Georgetown. Then I lived in Round Rock after getting out of Navy in 91. Texas sure has grown a lot since I was living there. Nothing like a mesquite smoked Texas BBQ with all the fixings. I do miss the absolute best beef BBQ in the entire universe!

I also did a an exotics hunt down by the King ranch in 2017 for Scimitar Horned Oryx and nilgai with my son who was born in Austin in 92. In fact 2 of my three sons are native Texans.
Trying to improve myself one shot at a time!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome from N AZ! “Hallo” sounds like my Grandad, who hailed from NW Ohio.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome from a bit further south in Texas!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!