Trade my large loop for your standard loop

BST any item between members. No commercial sales! Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts. All listings must:
  • Be offered by the owner of the item.
  • List the specific item(s) up for sale.
  • Include your asking price & shipping conditions.
  • Not include any links other than image links.
  • Not be a commercial sale.
These additional rules apply:
  • This section of the forum is not a discussion forum, it is simply a Buy, Sell, Trade, or Pay It Forward posting.
    • Discussions are to be related only to the conditions of the transaction, between the poster and participant.
    • Discussions outside of the specific transaction will be deleted without notification.
    • If you have a suggestion or a comment with no intent of participating in the transaction, use the appropriate PM or email link and send the user a message.
  • Listings that are noted as sold or completed will be locked.
  • All ads will be auto-pruned [removed] 90 days after the last post. The "Bump" feature at the bottom of the page, if available, can be used to keep the listing active. "Bump" is available after 7-days of inactivity.
  • Pruned ads can be relisted.

Trade my large loop for your standard loop

Postby squidsix » 01 Apr 2019 07

I have a large loop on my Rossi 92 .357 and would like to swap with someone for their standard loop lever.
Let me know.
Stephen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
squidsix

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: Trade my large loop for your standard loop

Postby Nashville Stage » 01 Apr 2019 07

If you don't have any luck here, touch base with Steve over at stevesgunz.com. He sells large loops, and might be interested in trading for yours.
Nashville Stage
Supporter
Supporter

Postby rondog » 01 Apr 2019 21

I did that with my 16" .357 too. Traded with a feller on the Lever Action group on Facebook. My new standard lever was binding up on the carrier, took some careful grinding to get clearance, but it works great now. I'm much happier now! I'm a bench shooter, and that big loop was just too big to cycle on the bench, hit it every time.

I also do a lot of other monkeying about inside to tune them up, and smooth things out. I'm just kinda goofy that way. Once I figured out how to do it, I just can't help myself!

Now my lil' carbine is one John Wayne would be proud of! I think.....
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Postby squidsix » 02 Apr 2019 10

I emailed Steve over at stevesguns. We will see what he says. In the meantime still looking.
squidsix

Postby rondog » 02 Apr 2019 20

I offered to trade here too, no takers. Thought that was odd.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Postby Trailboss » 07 Apr 2019 19

rondog wrote:I offered to trade here too, no takers. Thought that was odd.

I have hands the size of baseball mitts and was desperately searching for one a few years back. I finally realized that I'd need a dozen or more for different brands of lever actions I own. I gave up and learned to just keep 2 fingers inside the lever at all times. This necessitated adding a leather wrap to the lower part of the lever loop to cushion my fingers. Now, it's quite comfortable and natural for me and fast as well. No need or desire for large loops any longer. Two fingers are fine.
Aim small, miss small.
Trailboss
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Postby rondog » 07 Apr 2019 22

Trailboss wrote:
rondog wrote:I offered to trade here too, no takers. Thought that was odd.

I have hands the size of baseball mitts and was desperately searching for one a few years back. I finally realized that I'd need a dozen or more for different brands of lever actions I own. I gave up and learned to just keep 2 fingers inside the lever at all times. This necessitated adding a leather wrap to the lower part of the lever loop to cushion my fingers. Now, it's quite comfortable and natural for me and fast as well. No need or desire for large loops any longer. Two fingers are fine.

Yep. As long as your levergun is tuned right and runs smoothly, you shouldn't need to use more than 2 fingers. Which is why I chop down my hammer springs as much as I can. Just my opinion......
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Return to All Other Items