Picture Posting Check

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Picture Posting Check

Post by mr surveyor »

When trying to post a target picture "elsewhere" from a R92 session this morning, I couldn't even to begin getting the image up. I know I'm still quite a few brain cells from having a thimble full, but something ain't right ... I'll try here where it belongs anyway ...

try, try, try

Nope, something just ain't right .... I tried both pdf and tiff - bot both were left at 435k! Too large maybe?

I'll tinker with it some more
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Attempt

jd

R92-357Mag 080922.jpg

I guess I know why I'll never be a rocket surgeon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Picture Posting Check

Post by Gunny268 »

Lookin Good Mr Surveyor. And remember, "Computers are our friend and there will be less paperwork."
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Gunny268 wrote:Lookin Good Mr Surveyor. And remember, "Computers are our friend and there will be less paperwork."
... Right ... :roll:

I miss rotary dial and pen/ink drafting maps at the table. For that matter, CB radios weren't bad either.

For the last 30 of the 40 years I've been in business (surveying), it seems I've been a slave to this "time saving" (choke, choke) technology. No doubt a whole lot of time and money has been wasted on keeping that "time saving" technology running.

As for posting the target ... it was mainly to refresh my memory on how to post a dang picture. At least it's cheaper than sending everyone a polaroid print.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

I here that. The only "experience" I've had in the surveying field was in the USMC a long time ago. I was an FO (binos, radios, and batteries were my baggage), but they sent me thru the Field Artillery Surveyors Course at Ft. Sill, OK (IN WINTER!!!). Snow was thigh deep everywhere and daily temps got up to 12 degrees on a sunny day. Why? I don't know. There was no way I'd ever hump a theodolite, tripod, tape, and a range pole in combat.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Sometime around 2002-2003 I made a little trip up to Lawton to meet an internet surveyor's web-site buddy. We were both into a certain facet of surveying instrumentation and decided we would put our brains and equipment together in a little test of certain GPS equipment. Since he was the chief surveyor for the Lawton GIS department, he had an extra monument cap on hand to bring to me the next year when I had about 30 surveyors from all over my immediate 4-5 state Southern area for a weekend crawfish boil.

LAWTON MONUMENT.JPG
While I was in Lawton, he took us up to the "boomer base" to see some of the stuff ....Pretty impressive for artillery needs on such a small area. I'm surprised those hills are still standing after getting pounded by several tons of even the low yield boomers. Since there was no activity planned on the range that day, he had the official pull to be allowed drive out to various control points (survey monuments) around the range (not on the actual range) at various elevations. And, although it was somewhat limited at the time, the various equipment on display at the base was good to see. The entire 30-40 mile radius area around Lawton has some interesting history.

jd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't think you completed the upload!

Testing an attachment, the airplane I'm flying now...
Michael
Tom Myers

Post by Tom Myers »

WOW!!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, ought to be a law against a 69YO man racing around in that thing!
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote: 15 Aug 2023 15:17Testing an attachment, the airplane I'm flying now...
You should wait until you get back to the ground to post pics.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Looks fast just sitting there!