The stuff we occasionally find...

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

The stuff we occasionally find...

Post by Reese-Mo »

I had to clear out a room, and the floor contents of its big walk in closet today. All the joys of me ripping out old, terribly installed laminate, and putting in some new laminate - hopefully better than the last guy did it.

There I was on bended kneed, and lo.... I see the words "SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION" on a thick cardboard box, then another, and another and still yet another. Stuff I forgot I had - .410 3x.400 ball - 20 boxes! 9mm Lawman, 12 boxes. 9mm S&B 10 boxes, and 12g 0000 buck 10 boxes.

Damn near like Christmas today.
ManxTom

Re: The stuff we occasionally find...

Post by ManxTom »

I had a 'windfall' like that some years back. A colleague and I ran a target shooting club in work - we worked for your equivalent of the State Department, specifically Immigration Service. Anyway we organised a charity clay shoot, had around 40 people sign up for it so we contacted local gun shops, ammo makers etc for sponsorship. One company, the famous Eley cartridge makers, arranged for some ammo to be dropped off at the range we were going to shoot at. To say we were delighted with this was an understatement..!!

The day of the shoot we both arrived early to make sure everything was ready, traps loaded, food and drink organised etc., then we went into the shop. The guy who owned the place asked us if we wanted to take the ammo out to the firing points so we had easy access and didn't have to be trekking backwards and forwards to the shop.
OK we said, we'll take them now.. Oh boy..!! We had been given TWENTY-EIGHT boxes of cartridges..!! That's 28 boxes - 250 in a box = 7000 12g cartridges..!!

OK, that was then... last year I got a phone call from my former colleague (I'm retired now) and he wanted to know would I like some 12 cartridges? Silly question really, of course I did...
He turned up the following day and unloaded 12 boxes of cartridges.. He said he'd sold his guns and they were taking up room in his garage..

End result is I have something in the region of 10,500 12g shotgun cartridges spread around the house..!!! Quite a haul but didn't cost me a penny.. :D +guns
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

One can never have too many excuses or 12g cartridges, that's what I always say! :lol:

After that, I found 5000 22lr 40g copper plated, and an unopened box of 1000 7.62x39

I "think" there's a case or two of .223 and/or .45acp here someplace, but damned if I knew where she's hidden away. Probably with the Christmas brick-a-brack.

A few years back I came across 4 Celestion Vintage 10 speakers and 4 (new) Jensen C10Q speakers. ... sigh

Ya see, I know, and remember where I keep things. Then the gal pal rearranges all the stuff. Why yes, we always keep speakers beind the onions in the pantry. We always keep ammunition behind the spare linens. We always keep the Milwaukee impact wrench in with the wellies.....
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Wife just did the same thing in "Her" closet. She found all sorts of things - "like stuff I gave her for Christmas 5, 10 years ago." She was so happy. I told her that I would have been happy if she had waited till the morning of Dec 25th.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I 'found' about 200 rounds of .30-30 the last time I was at the folks home.
So far as I know I'm not missing a lot of ammo.
Misplaced a lower receiver maybe but it's around here somewhere.