Walmart stops handgun ammo sales

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Walmart stops handgun ammo sales

Post by Mad Trapper »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-to-s ... nationwide.

This is a big deal where i live, lot of people on social security and cant afford to keep a car on the road, let alone drive long distance to find ammo, at gunshops.
hope the gunshops dont raise their prices and start prices gouging.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Walmart stops handgun ammo sales

Post by Arroyoshark »

Headed down the same trail as Dicks Spting Goods. Only diff is one can get groceries at wallyworld.

Agree with comment about local spting goods stores seizing upon this as an opportunity.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Conformist

Post by Conformist »

Do they sell alcohol and gasoline? Seems like their kind of collectivist virtue signaling idiocy can also prevent drunk driving fatalities if they don't sell either of those commodities. I'm glad there are many places on line that will deliver ammo to my house. https://ammoseek.com/
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. Rod Serling

Our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of our freedoms is not necessary.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Used to be, the local hardware/auto/farm stores carried all manner of hunting and fishing supplies. I'm hoping that the local Farm & Ranch stores pick up the business. Just had an Atwood's open in my area last year. They have a nice sized gun-bar and plenty of ammo...... Got a Gebo's that carries some but it is a smaller store. I hope Academy steps up to take all the inventory that wally world is not............... :idea:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I really wonder what they think they'll gain. People who might be impressed by this don't generally shop at WalMart. It will do nothing to prevent the next shooting, the "wingnuts" will always find a way. Someone on another forum suggested that gun laws don't work because there are no law abiding homicidal psychopaths.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Today walmart, tomorrow the internet? i hope not.
Im afraid the noose is slowing tightening.
Things are going on that we have no control over.
I got caught off guard under the last administration with the ammo and reloading components shortage.
learned my lesson, never again.
Stock up on what you need, especially for reloading.
I was in walmart this morning picking up groceries, stopped by the ammo counter, checked prices, looking at what they had.
Wanted some 30-30 ammo, so pushed the assistance button, call went out, waited, had to be 5 minutes, no one came,
pushed the button again, still no one came,
they are always there in about a minute or two.
I had to leave, couldnt wait any longer, figured they were too busy.
Then i remembered there were walmart workers all around me the entire time i was ringing that buzzer.
very few people around here reload.
They depend on walmart for their cheap 38 and 9mm shells.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

being a late bloomer, I didn't start re-loading until early 2011 ..... so, I haven't bought a single factory round of metallic cartridges since then. Prior to that, the only thing I bought at wallyworld was ammo, until the obamanation hit around 2009. Personally, I would not care a single bit if wallyworld ceased to exist. I'm completely satisfied with the homebrewed stuff, but more than that, I really miss all the old time mom-and-pop specialty stores that seemed to always have something of decent quality that would work .... or they could get it if you really wanted/needed it.

There's usually some work around.

Not to get completely off topic (whatever it is), I remember a little mom and pop store (actually big for the locale) in a small town my wife and I lived in in the 70's. The local saying for them was "If they ain't got it, you probably don't really need it". But, life was simpler then ... even in the 70's.

Just my opinion, but (putting it nicely) wallyworld can take a hike!

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

My community is sort of unique in that we have the only WM in the county but we're also small enough to NOT have many of the other larger retailers. We have only one grocery chain store. The wife spends A LOT of money at WM because there's no other retailers of "goods and wares" (things that don't come from the grocery store) around, my MIL works at one in the next county, and there's a distribution center close but WM can GTH as far as I'm concerned. I go in there once per quarter and it's too often.

Our WM sells more beer than all of the other stores in the county combined. We've had an Atwood's for a couple years but the is particular store is poorly run. Their ammo prices are bad. People have become addicted to WM's cheap crap.

I got into reloading for political reasons of days gone by and today is why I'm glad I did.

This isn't a political forum so I hope the discussion doesn't get off the rails too far.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I don't know how wide spread the chain is but I saw a letter from Rural King that basically said they aren't playing the game and welcoming WalMart former shoppers to their sporting goods department. The 2 local RKs I've been in carry a better stock of guns and about the same ammo levels as the local wallys.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

Walmart has made a fateful decision in my opinion. They have announced that they will no longer sell handgun ammunition or guns in most locations. Because of the shootings in their stores. I have canceled and closed all my Walmart accounts. And from this day forward will not do any business with Walmart for any reason.