Forum Member Needs Our Assistance

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Member Needs Our Assistance

Post by Ranch Dog »

oday, I became aware of the needs that one of our forum member's is experiencing, that member being Adam Freeman, know to us as alphalimafoxtrot. Adam has kept us informed concerning his recovery from rotator cuff surgery and his wife', Cri's issue with a spinal tumor. However, a third strike was delivered on Holloween when Adam tore his other rotator cuff. With Cris moving toward her surgical date and Adam needing to move forward with a repair, these two school teachers are going to experience a significant loss of income, the forecast being 40 days unpaid leave!

I ask that you read Chris and Adam's story, "2 teachers and 3 surgeries: we need your help" on GoFundMe. Perhaps Adams own words say it best: "Asking for assistance is almost as hard as surgery itself. Perhaps the toughest part is the realization that we can’t overcome a medical financial hardship without asking for the kindness of others. We reach out to you, and wish to share our story. "

As we have followed Adam's trials through his posts, I thank everyone for the encouraging words that been offered, and If possible, I ask you to consider a donation through the GoFundMe link above to meet their financial needs.

This has been a very generous group, you have kept the forum operating in the black for years. If you have made a forum donation and because of that donation, it is not possible to help Adam and Chris, let's change that. I will redirect your contribution through PayPal to Adam's and Cris' GoFundMe account. All you need to do is tell me that you would like to do so via a reply to this topic, email, or PM, and I will make it happen on your behalf. We will figure the forum stuff out on the far end, I mean, isn't that what families do when a different need takes priority?
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Re: Forum Member Needs Our Assistance

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

I don't know what to say. Thank you from our both of our hearts, RD and Rossi family!
Adam & Chris
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Happy to help out. Thanks RD for letting us know. Adam & Chris, I hope your surgeries go well & everything heals completely. Hang in there.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

alphalimafoxtrot wrote:I don't know what to say. Thank you from our both of our hearts, RD and Rossi family!
You're welcome! I hope we can help to make a difference!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Update from Adam: Another Scare, Another Opportunity to be Thankful

Right as we began to settle into a routine of recovery after her surgery last week, we had a sudden emergency last night. Chris has been experiencing painful cramping in her calf muscles since the day we left the hospital, but did not realize we should have mentioned it immediately. Yesterday, seven days after spine surgery, Chris called her neurosurgeon’s office to check in with a few questions about pain management and the ongoing pain that felt like a bad “charley horse” in her calf muscle. That phone conversation triggered a race to get an ultrasound test for the possibility of blood clots forming in her veins.
A few short hours after that phone call we were in the hospital Emergency Room, having confirmed that she indeed was suffering potentially life-threatening clotting or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). The hospital support team helped us out perfectly, and after testing her compatibility for blood thinner medication Chris has begun a 3 to 6 month regimen of anticoagulant to prevent blood clots from forming. An important detail for Chris and I to be keenly aware of is that we must be extremely mindful of any bruise or cut, as even a minor injury could become serious if you're taking blood thinners.
Let us all be thankful for each other, as we are, here and now. We continue to support each other and remain positive as Chris continues to heal and return to her daily routines. And once again, we both thank you all for showing your care and concern in our well-being.

V/R Adam Lee aka alphalimafoxtrot
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Hope y'all get mended and feelin better real soon. 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank you for the update, Adam. This latest development shows that you did the right thing to get ahead of the need. I know it is hard, it would be for any of us, but you have taken care of your family's business.
Michael
mikld

Post by mikld »

Well, remember Job. He had one heck of a time, but God brought him outta it. Everything is gonna work out fine, just keep the faith. Prayers from So. Oregon...
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

This needs brought back to the top for those here that may not have seen it yet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

In my prayers +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!