Bicycles?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Bicycles?

Post by Archer »

My general recreation area for easy rides has just been turned into a solar farm.
I expect the remainder to be turned into a housing project based on signage of public comment.

I've got another local area I can try out and another I have ridden in the past that's local but it seems they are busy trying to put solar or wind turbines on every square yard of open space that isn't paved or has a crackerbox house on it.

Not that I'm complaining about people using their own land the way they want but it would be nice if there was some parks or the like with trails without having to DRIVE an hour away.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Our wind turbine population doubled this year.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Just brought this home. 1997 Dyno Compe custom built for my 6 YO to replace the pink one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

That's nice!
Didn't see the color until the last picture and then it blossomed in the light.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

GasGuzzler,,,,nice bike ,,. Nice condition , I like those tires for a kid thats going to ride on a smooth surface anyway.
Nice transportation for 6.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:
Archer wrote:When you can shine something up like that, especially when it was misrepresented you almost want to rub the seller's nose in it with pics.

I'm jonesing to get back on my Dawg. Ended up on some antibiotics that have kept me out of the sun and off the bike for a while but I REALLY feel the need for some pedal time.
I feel for ya, I just got over Pneumonia,,,,well still coughing a bunch, wants to get out my Surly and pedal.

Heres a pic of my ride. with holster i right panier
LHT.jpg
Nothing like a bike tour. Slow enough to be immersed in your surroundings, but fast enough to cover long distances, with better fitness as a side benefit.
This cat claimed my husbands bike in France on a ride from Greece.

Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Nice pic Zippy,,RE: Bike Tour,,,,about 4 years ago we set out to ride from Cedar City Utah to Minersville Res. for a 2 or 3 day deal. Steep long decent down into that valley with the reservoir.
Climbing back out my buddy got sick, Planning on camping again half way back, we were hauling water, none in them hills.
So I ended up hauling his water, food, tent sleeping bag, cooking gear, etc, no wonder he got sick, hauling all this stuff.
It has taken me until just NOW, reading your words, that I am over that, I forgive him. I would do it again.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

My first bike, a Ross.

Last edited by zippy on 23 Sep 2016 19:46, edited 3 times in total.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

BICYCLES
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

I gotta tell about this, we were camped, on the shore of the reservoir. In the night another tent showed up next to us. 2 Lesbians form Michigan.
They were up packing as we were, my buddy asks, "Show me how you attached that holster in your pannier."
So I reached in my tent, pulled out my Taurus, showed him how it goes in and how I attached it.
One of the ,,,,,girls? said "GUN!" ...
They got on the phone, one went to tell the camp host. Last we heard of it...I forgot all about it till now..