New 92 won't feed 357 pics added! SECOND UPDATE pg 2

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
stiles1410

New 92 won't feed 357 pics added! SECOND UPDATE pg 2

Post by stiles1410 »

Hello again

I have a new Rossi 92 in 357 20" octagon and it seems to feed 38's well but 357's hang up even working the lever smartly.
The round looks to be hitting the top of the chamber before the rim clears the cartridge guides which by the
Way don't look level one sits higher than the other?

Not sure what to do?

To be clear the bullet enters the chamber but either hangs up on the top of the chamber or on the cartridge guides if I work the lever slowly to watch I can literally compress the ejector spring against the cartridge rim while it's still sitting in the guides

Here is the malfunction

Here is the angle not sure if normal but doesn't look too steep?

Here is pic after jam with the lever pushed back forward so you can see better

Also not sure if related but I noticed the notch on the ammo carrier doesn't exactly line up with the bottom of the cartridge guides but that's not where the jam is located so maybe that doesn't matter

Last edited by stiles1410 on 14 Mar 2017 16:33, edited 2 times in total.
stiles1410

Re: New 92 won't feed 357 pics added!

Post by stiles1410 »

I took the gun apart and took the cartridge guides out and don't see any burrs I did lightly polish them but it didn't fix it
stiles1410

Post by stiles1410 »

Well I called Rossi after fooling with it all morning it also started malfunctioning where the hammer doesn't alway stay back as well. I really didn't want to but I guess I'll have to send it in. I made a request NOT do do anything to the chamber! I have seen some horror pics on here before lol. I was surprised they wanted me to pay for shipping since the gun is 3 weeks old! The lady told me to email so and so to see if a prepaid label would be approved so I'm still waiting to hear back. She gave me an estimated turn around time of 6 weeks. :cry:
I really hope they can get it fixed
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You probably did the right thing, calling them, as this might be a difficult one to correct with the current set of cartridge guides on the rifle. The first picture you posted kind of says it all to me if the cartridge has stopped its forward movement based on the case rim contact with the forward cut of the guides & not bullet nose contact. If so, the slot in the guides has been cut too far forward and the tail end of the cartridge is coming up level too late.

Your concern about Rossi absolutely not messing with the chamber is not unfounded. Relieving the chamber is a lazy and dangerous fix that Rossi is known for. The proper fix, new cartridge guides, is time consuming because the adjustment requires very little filing on the guides, with them out of the rifle, and assembling and disassembling the rifle as many times as it takes to get them right. You need to attach a tag to the receiver with red lettering that states if they touch the chamber, they have bought the rifle for a full refund!
stiles1410 wrote:I was surprised they wanted me to pay for shipping since the gun is 3 weeks old!
Rossi's Customer Service has become absolutely nauseating!
Michael
dalek

Post by dalek »

Ranch Dog wrote:
stiles1410 wrote:I was surprised they wanted me to pay for shipping since the gun is 3 weeks old!
On Rossi's defense, Hi Point does the same. But, if you send the firearm without a magazine they tend throw one in the box when they ship it back.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dalek wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:
On Rossi's defense, Hi Point does the same. But, if you send the firearm without a magazine they tend throw one in the box when they ship it back.
From my standpoint, they use to provide and schedule a FedEx pickup. I guess they've been worn thin with so many returns but then again if they built the rifle not to be returned it wouldn't be an issue. They also just had to suck up the return of 950,000 pistols and last week found out they have to pay the plaintiff attorney's $8,300,000! They wanted to stretch $9M over three years but were ordered by the court to pay the $8.3M, now. Takes a lot of R92s to offset that and even more customer return fees to refuse.

I wish this would cause Braztech to sell the Rossi line to someone that cares and these rifles could get back on track.
Michael
stiles1410

Post by stiles1410 »

I got an email from fed ex yesterday with a prepaid label so I sent the rifle off, should be there tomorrow.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

stiles1410 wrote:I got an email from fed ex yesterday with a prepaid label so I sent the rifle off, should be there tomorrow.
Very good, kind of hard to argue your case otherwise.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I would like to move this topic to the Customer Support forum, you okay with that?
Michael
stiles1410

Post by stiles1410 »

Sure