Really bad Rossi warranty repair experience

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Really bad Rossi warranty repair experience

Post by rondog »

Ranch Dog wrote:So... would you ever buy a new Rossi?
Picking mine up Saturday..... I have high hopes.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got one more on my wish list...

I am concerned about the spares situation if something wears out or if I break something in tearing it down and reassembling it.
DAardvark

Post by DAardvark »

Ranch Dog wrote:So... would you ever buy a new Rossi?
I laughed when I read this. A friend asked me the same question. To him I said "NO WAY". But realistically, I would never buy a new Rossi I could not test fully before I took ownership. Short of firing the weapon, I would require that I load it and verify it feeds, cocks, de-cocks and unloads as I would expect. Even with that, I think I would pick a different brand, and even pay more, if the guns filled the need in the same way.

I was naïve with this purchase. It was my third mail order gun ever and my first mail order rifle. The first two are great pistols. I assumed it would work and I assumed Rossi provided a real warranty. It turns out there is no time limit on the warranty. Thus they consider the warranty served if they keep the gun for 2 years with the excuse that parts take time to acquire. Of course they will offer you a replacement, but what if they have no replacement you want? Again, Rossi considered you the villain. They tried to help you, you are just hard to deal with.

I will likely never send a firearm to Rossi again. I will NEVER send a discontinued firearm to Rossi. This one is extra painful since it was broken at the factory and never worked. I have a lot of trouble swallowing my ire.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

DAardvark

You Sir are a true gentleman. Most websites I frequent (This one is certainly an exception) would be on fire with bucket loads of vitriol over the problems you've patiently put up with.

I just wanted to point that out and say a personal "Thank You!"

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Beginning to wonder what kind of gun cranks they have in the repair center. It was a new fore arm tip and now it's a new barrel. You would think they would find all the problems before they start making promises and order all the parts parts they need :( . You are indeed a patient man.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
DAardvark

Post by DAardvark »

I had a shock this week with two calls from Rossi. I put in a request for an explanation of how my barrel became defective. I think the real reason they called back was to push me again to accept a new caliber. I declined again explaining my reason for the 50th time. I wasn't given any reason for the barrel failure but Ali did convey a strong impression that this gun was never coming back. He never said it; just gave me that impression. I ended the call again requesting a full refund on the grounds Rossi is unable to make repairs in a reasonable timeframe or supply an equivalent value firearm.

Ali called back 2 days later with some interesting news. He said there was no way they would do the refund. I was quite disappointed. He followed that up with the bold statement that he will have a brand new 454 replacement rifle in his hands on 8/31 (yes I asked, 2016) and he would make sure I got it. He encouraged me to call back in September. I told him it was great news.

At this point I am quite jaded. I just can't help thinking Rossi is telling me what I need to hear to keep me quiet another 6 weeks. This is literally the 3rd time I have been given similar "good news". I wish I knew a product lawyer. Seems to me there must be some time limit on a warranty repair. It certainly doesn't seem fair that Rossi can keep my rifle for 9 months. Can Rossi keep it forever and just claim they are still working on it? Regardless, looks like I am waiting at least another 6 weeks. This experience is very frustrating.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Jeez Laweez!!! I don't like the encouragement to call back in September. That just doesn't make any sense in what was said about the end of August deadline. And, no, I don't see if fair that you must accept another rifle nor should you have been without for nine months.

I durn sure don't know what to tell you other than that I think I would end it come 8/31/2016, one way or another. If you can't get your rifle back, take another and sell it. If you get your rifle back, part it out. I've seen serialized receivers sold on eBay as "Upper Tang - Parts Only". Just had a friend by a "Upper Tang" for his Marlin 1893 after he blew his receiver up with a double charge of Unique. It was a beautiful receiver for $125. 454 Casull parts are at a premium because of the lack of support Rossi provides for their products. If you don't want to mess with the parts selling, take the replacement and turn it. You will probably be out an FFL fee with the replacement.

If they waste any more time, force their hand. I would start by contacting the Dade County Sheriff's Department and filing a theft report. Contact the BBB and give them an "F", they deserve it.

I got to be honest with you and others, my time here running this forum has given me a perspective concerning Braztech, Rossi, and Taurus. It ain't good. There is no doubt that since Mark Kresser was ousted that the Company is no longer engaged with their customers nor do they feel any responsibility for delivering a good product. Personally, I no longer recommend the products. I'm around a lot of hunters and shooters with my rifles and handguns in hand and when I'm asked about them I cannot endorse them. If they want a new levergun I've been telling them to read up on the Henrys as I don't have any experience with them. If they want a used gun, there are plenty of Marlins and Winchesters.

I personally hit a line in the sand with two Single Shots that I bought when I figured out they were to be discontinued; a 308 Win and a 44 Mag both of which were NIB. Both had issues so I started in with the 308 Win. Rossi did not want to honor the warranty because they said that had been manufactured more than a year prior. The they said that I damaged it and wanted me to pay for the repair. I got it back and took both directly to the FFL and had him sell them. Didn't care if I got my money back or not. I can't think of a reason that I would buy rifle from them.

Here on the forum, everyone is a bit more engaged with their decision concerning the product. Few start off with "sell me on the Rossi". From what I seen here, no longer can I do that. That has slowly changed over my life with the forum but I durn sure would not recommend the product to my friends. I don't know the actual percents of course, but it seems that 90% of the time you get a good one. Of those that need support, 90% of the time it ends reasonably well. That last 10% of time is usually absolute hell. I would not want my best friend Joe to take that chance with his hard earned money.
Michael
Okie44

Post by Okie44 »

Okie44 wrote:It's a bad situation. I think your best bet is to take a replacement rifle. I don't think any other option will work to your advantage.

Still my opinion. Check this out.

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/b ... complaints
“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.”
― Mark Twain
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Gotta admit, this thread is depressing, especially to a new owner of a brand new Rossi. Fortunately, mine seems to be a good one, plus I'm pretty handy with tools/gunsmiffin' and have most everything I'd need except a Bridgeport Mill. So I can most likely deal with most issues, knock on wood.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rondog wrote:Gotta admit, this thread is depressing...
Yeah it is. Time for Rossi to suck it up and make it right. The real wrong here is that Rossi provides absolutely no support for discontinued products and they start this in motion before the products are actually discontinued. When a decision is made to discontinue a model, they use the existing part supply to complete whole units and leave none for support. I've seen it with the Rio Grande, Single Shots, R92 454 Casull, probably the Circuit Judge, and every Taurus pistol that has been discontinued. All within the course of the last four years!
Michael