Really bad Rossi warranty repair experience

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Really bad Rossi warranty repair experience

Post by Archer »

I have a buddy or five that are fans of the .454, .480 and the .500 S&W and I think they are fine cartridges for a carbine but a bit much for a handgun that I have to fire.

Another option for the .454 may be the Big Horn Armory but it ain't cheap.
http://www.mossberg.com/category/series ... ong-range/
Runs about 10 times what a normal Rossi 92 can sometimes be had for.

You know it is kind of stupid with CNC capabilities we have today for ANY spare part to be unobtainium.
I've got a buddy who makes a living out of making replacement / reproduction parts for turn of the century high end shotguns. Apparently there's a market keeping 120 year old guns running.
DAardvark

Post by DAardvark »

Ranch Dog I agree with you. 454 as a pistol caliber doesn't look all that inviting. The same is true for 460 S&W and 500 S&W. I suspect if I lived in bear country or loved firing a hand canon for range effect I would feel the draw. That video you posted showed a guy whose follow-up shots got slower with each shot. Definitely a beast.

Archer, I did look at the Big Horn Armory. Those look beautiful and carry a breathtaking price tag. I love shooting all my guns and anything I don't shoot, I part with. That gets me kicked right out of the collectors club. Knowing myself, if I had a BHA rifle, I would be VERY proud but I would be terrified to take it out to the field and play with it. Perhaps around Christmas time I'll seriously look the replacement again. Assuming the refund materializes of course. Hopefully I can find a Rossi SS 454 in the $650 price range. The broken gun was purchased new for $580 which I thought was a good price had it worked. My dream 454 Casull carbine would load 45 Colt and 454 Casull reliably.
DAardvark

Post by DAardvark »

The ordeal is over. After just over 9 months, it is now as if I never bought a Rossi 454 Casull back in November 2015. I got my refund from Braztech on Saturday ending my ordeal and putting me back where I was last year. I have more gray hair now and I've become leery of Rossi firearms.

On the plus side, I did get an excellent course in anger management. I didn't know Rossi offered the course until I was auto selected by their helpful staff. I hope none of you are lucky enough to win this benefit. But I am a proud graduated and have the certificate to prove it :).

For the record, I can never be anti-Rossi. I have a 1978 vintage Rossi M92 in 357 mag and it is one of my favorite guns.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is a certificate that I would not wish on anyone. Rossi is lucky you are such a gracious individual!
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

So are we.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.