RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RG4570 Magazine Tube Issues

Post by Ranch Dog »

I hope it goes well, please keep us posted.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Well that puts the kibosh on my getting a RG 45-70 even if one turns up that looks nice.
I'll just have to be on the lookout for another Winchester 1886/71 or a Marlin 1895
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Archer wrote:Well that puts the kibosh on my getting a RG 45-70 even if one turns up that looks nice.
I'll just have to be on the lookout for another Winchester 1886/71 or a Marlin 1895
I don't need another but this kind of thing doesn't bother me the least. Any firearm in this situation, no parts, is worth more parted out than as a whole.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Sort of depends.
I'm not that interested in parting them out.
I'm much more interested in a good working gun that I don't have to do major tweaking to.

I've seen enough pictures here and elsewhere that I'd be a little concerned that the bolt might not be salvageable and without that I'm not sure the parts are really worth more than the gun sells at.

Of course I might be able to see if the bolt looked ok or not from the get go but I'd hesitate to order the gun sight unseen the way I've done with a lot of other firearms over the years.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Archer wrote:Sort of depends.
I'm not that interested in parting them out.
I'm much more interested in a good working gun that I don't have to do major tweaking to.

I've seen enough pictures here and elsewhere that I'd be a little concerned that the bolt might not be salvageable and without that I'm not sure the parts are really worth more than the gun sells at.

Of course I might be able to see if the bolt looked ok or not from the get go but I'd hesitate to order the gun sight unseen the way I've done with a lot of other firearms over the years.
I understand what you are saying and I really don't like the thought of giving up on anything. All this might be a mute point as Taurus continues down the slippery slope closing at 1.50 BR today (48¢ USD).
Michael
tonytable

Post by tonytable »

Rossi will be replacing the Rio Grande with a 44 Mag 92... As I write this, I realize that I didn't ask for clarification of which they would send as replacement, but if I get a functional 45-70, I will still count that as a win.

They asked me to check back later this week for shipping information. So far, everything is moving smoothly.
"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit." -Alcuin, 798
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Well, IF they are replacing your Rio Grande with a .44 Mag 92 I don't see HOW you are going to wind up with a functional .45-70.

You should wind up with a functional .44 Magnum.

Unless of course I'm missing something...
tonytable

Post by tonytable »

Sorry, I spoke poorly.

I had realized part way through the post that I hadn't asked for clarification on which firearm they were sending as a replacement. Discussion had been about a 92 in 44 mag being the requested firearm for the replacement of the Rio grande. I realized there was a chance that the review board might have not gone with the request, and might replace the 45-70 with another 45-70 that they had lying around a stockroom.

Ill try to get more clarification, but if its at least a functioning firearm, Ill be happy.
"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit." -Alcuin, 798