shooting my scoped 92 with cheek rest

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

shooting my scoped 92 with cheek rest

Post by Moon Tree »

I bought a Beartooth neoprene cheek rest, primarily to get feel for how much rise I need and I'm boar hunting next weekend. The thing is ugly, but it works. I'm toying around with permanent solutions. I have two ideas:
One make a leather sleeve with a riser built into it. I could, also, incorporate a sling and maybe a recoil pad into the sleeve's design. Second option would be to laminate a wood cheek rest to the existing stock. This option would require me to strip and redo all the wood on the rifle; something that needs doing anyhow.

Range report: 50 yards
I was shooting my handloads instead of the American Eagles that I tested the scope with earlier. The first shot was 6" high an a tad to the right. I over adjusted so the second shot was 4 inches low, but still to the right. I adjusted the scope again. The 3rd shot was in the 1 inch bullseye, but still a tad right and didn't cut the 3/4" Avery dot. The 4th shot cut the dot still a small bit right.

I would have adjusted 1 click to see if I could move the bullet placement to center, but Midway is out of Hornady 300 grain XTP Magnums and I only have 10 left for the boar hunt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: shooting my scoped 92 with cheek rest

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I think you're ready.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: shooting my scoped 92 with cheek rest

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'd say you are good to go as well!