Range Day with the War Horses

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Range Day with the War Horses

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Having spent the previous two and a half weeks getting the dog club ground and the dens in shape for next weekend and Earth Dog it was time for a break.

Took the Garand, the 1920 Lithgow SMLE and the M48 version of an M98 and headed for the range to deal with nothing but the sun, recoil and impact. I was a glorious day, until I ran out of the ammo I brought along. That's okay too as I actually enjoy reloading. The 303 and 06 came home and is tumbling as I speak, the 8mm was all old eastern block and it went into the spent round can at the range. At least it all went off with one pull of the trigger unlike the last trip.

It was a good day and you do meet some interesting characters at a public range.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Range Day with the War Horses

Post by Jaybm »

" It was a good day and you do meet some interesting characters at a public range. "

Ain't that the truth but for the most part they're good guys and an occasional lady.
You also see some interesting firearms.

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Jaybm wrote:" It was a good day and you do meet some interesting characters at a public range. "

Ain't that the truth but for the most part they're good guys and an occasional lady.
You also see some interesting firearms.

Jim
Last time I was down there was a guy shooting a Martini in 577/450, smoke production was impressive made my Sharps look like a small camp fire :)

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I don't know from public range.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Jaybm wrote:You also see some interesting firearms.
I wish that were true around here. In the couple of years I've been shooting, I see nothing but plastic guns at the range's I shoot. AR's and bottom-feeders.
Once I saw a man shooting L-frame Smith's like I was, and once a Match Champion Ruger. There's occasional 1911's, but nothing special. All the beautiful wood and steel guns I see on these forums, seem destined to elude me in real life, unless I buy them myself.