getting better

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
btoran

getting better

Post by btoran »

I took my dad shooting this past weekend. we didn't have long as we had other commitments, so maybe we were a bit rushed. however, the results were pretty good.

Below is a picture of my targets, which were at 50 yards.

The top targets are with my Winchester 69a chambered in 22LR with iron sights...rear aperture (wow, that doesn't sound good), and front hooded bead using factory ammo. Whoever dialed in the iron sights in the late 1940's did an exceptional job. At 50 yards non-scoped, I'm at the limit of my vision, so it's a good thing this rifle shoots so straight.

The bottom target is with my Rossi 92 chambered in 357 with a combination of (mostly) 2.5x scout scope and (a few with) iron sights using handloads (125 gr coated lrnfp with 5.2 gr of hp-38).

My dad was using my recently purchased Rock Junior front rifle rest, which seems very solid. I used a tripod / pvc combo I put together as a front rest, but it was a bit wobbly on the shooting tables. Can't wait to get back to the range with the Rock.

Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Re: getting better

Post by Steve-R »

It's fun to get to shoot with family. I am hoping to do a lot of that this summer. The diference is I'm the old guy now. Most of the shooting will be with my daughter and some with my grandson.