Chrono

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Idaho Spud

Chrono

Post by Idaho Spud »

Chronographed following load thru newly acquired 16 inch 357 R92. Could only fire 3 shots (must appease the neighbors, you see):

170 Gr. Speer Uni-cor FP, 13.3 gr. Alliant 2400 in Rem brass, 1513 fps avg.

1st shot - 1515, 2nd shot - 1513, 3rd shot - 1511

sd - 2

Not a large sample, granted, but looks hopeful. Primers rounded, no flattening whatsoever. These bullets have a very large meplat and just ever so slightly "kiss" the bottom of the chamber mouth, not enough to see in some cases. Looks like room to increase charges, but want to load some for accuracy testing at 1513. This bullet doesn't look to be manufactured anymore in this config, altho the same prod. # still exists in a bullet with a little more ogive and smaller flat (tip). So I'm going to hoard these and try to get 50 good loads to keep on hand for game. Would love to get more of this one, tho.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put....W. Churchill
LowKey

Re: Chrono

Post by LowKey »

Idaho Spud wrote:

1st shot - 1515, 2nd shot - 1513, 3rd shot - 1511

sd - 2

Wow, awesome consistency!
Idaho Spud

Post by Idaho Spud »

Well, I'm hopin' it's indicating good things anyway. Don't want to waste too many thru chrono. Want to shoot some for accuracy, cuz I'll be outta commission after Monday. Surgery on left hand.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put....W. Churchill
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Idaho Spud wrote:Well, I'm hopin' it's indicating good things anyway. Don't want to waste too many thru chrono. Want to shoot some for accuracy, cuz I'll be outta commission after Monday. Surgery on left hand.
Thanks for the report and good luck with the hand surgery!
Michael
Idaho Spud

Post by Idaho Spud »

I appreciate the thought, RD.
Idaho Spud

Post by Idaho Spud »

Guy at Speer claims the #4230 bullet (170 gr UCSP) hasn't been changed since 2008. Picture sure doesn't look like what I have, tho. Evidently just the name was changed. Mebbee to protect the guilty?