Quick range report

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Chiefeis

Quick range report

Post by Chiefeis »

Well, my main goal today was to zero the scope on the Circuit Judge. Got the windage down, but elevation was giving me a fit. The 30+mph winds didn't help - our targets kept getting blown clean off of the holders. I gave up and just shot the HiPoint 4095 instead. At zombie rats (see below).

Pistol range wasn't any better. Everything worked just fine, but trying to hit targets as they sailed overhead was challenging. :lol:

Also shot some #4 buck out of the CJ. The fixed shotgun target (as opposed to the skeet range) was facing right into the teeth of the wind. To give you an idea of the wind - the shotgun wads ended up behind me and I got a few kisses from burning gunpowder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Quick range report

Post by Moon Tree »

Most any day burning powder is better than a day not doing so. But, I do hate wind.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick range report

Post by Ranch Dog »

Chiefeis wrote:... I got a few kisses from burning gunpowder.
Reminds me when I killed a hog with my CJ 44 Mag from a box blind. I didn't think about getting cylinder face outside the window, just the forearm. I ended up with all kinds of powder & lead particles striking me! Bounced off the wall of the blind right back into my face!
Michael