Feeling the Pull to Cast and Load for .38/.357 Mag..

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
oneoff

Re: Feeling the Pull to Cast and Load for .38/.357 Mag..

Post by oneoff »

Another vote for dipping here! I don’t think you can go wrong casting your own bullets, it’s just fun.
I do recommend sticking close to Lyman when you’re learning, I would’ve had an easier time of it if I had known that name when I was young.
If you do need to resize, the Lee lead bullet resizing Kits are really handy. They’re not expensive, and it really doesn’t take that long. But you may not need it!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I can't think of anything fun about casting bullets.

I am glad I can do it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

GasGuzzler wrote:I can't think of anything fun about casting bullets.

I am glad I can do it.
I'm also glad I can. Add to that if I don't cast I don't shoot the 40-65 which in many ways is just too much fun to give up. There are places I can buy the same bullet I cast for it but that near $40 a hundred makes it a little less fun.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
EdinGa

Post by EdinGa »

Call me strange, but I I actually enjoy casting and find it extremely relaxing and rewarding. Lead procurement and processing is the part I'm not so fond of. I have a huge supply of range scrap from the CAS lanes at our club. That's great except for the fact that it's full of clay pigeon fragments. It's impossible to get it all out and it stinks and smokes like crazy when I'm making ingots.