Seating .38spcl in a .357Mag 92

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
Marksman75

Seating .38spcl in a .357Mag 92

Post by Marksman75 »

I have been advised when seating projectiles in .38 Special its worth seating the projectiles out a bit more to assist with feeding.

I have bought some hard cast 125gr round flat nose to load up and wondering what OAL people find are working for them just to give me a starting point to load develop.

Thank you in advance, really appreciate and help.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seating .38spcl in a .357Mag 92

Post by Ranch Dog »

I would make some dummy cartridges starting with the bullet seated to the crimp groove and see how they feed.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

You will have less trouble with RFN and 150+ grains (bigger bullet = longer nose in general).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Conformist

Post by Conformist »

Marksman75 wrote:I have been advised when seating projectiles in .38 Special its worth seating the projectiles out a bit more to assist with feeding.

I have bought some hard cast 125gr round flat nose to load up and wondering what OAL people find are working for them just to give me a starting point to load develop.

Thank you in advance, really appreciate and help.
While making 38's longer might be one solution, if you're having any feeding issues, I think you might benefit by looking through this thread by rondog. https://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopi ... =44&t=6096 There might be a similar issue with the cartridge stop, or the cartridge stop spring, in your rifle.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. Rod Serling

Our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of our freedoms is not necessary.
Marksman75

Post by Marksman75 »

Hi Conformist thank you for the info, I haven't actually received the rifle it's waiting at my dealers place but he isn't back till this weekend, I hope to pick it up then.

I have loaded up 100 .38spcl and 50x.357 so we will see how I get on with the action.
Thank you once again for the info.