Ranch Dog designed bullet mold

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
GasGuzzler

Re: Ranch Dog designed bullet mold

Post by GasGuzzler »

My NOE 360180GC nearly reaches the end of my cylinder. Those look cool.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote:one more time
It probably the picture size limits. Pictures are expensive to store, ask PhotoBucket. You get a message stating that the image was not accepted. You can also use "Preview" in the editor and will see your image in your post or listed as an attachment depending on how you treated it.

I "bumped" the image posting instructions so you see it in the active topics.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The TLC359-175-RF was designed specifically for the Marlin 1894C.
Michael
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

RD, "designed specifically for the marlin" .

Would you do anything different to it for the rossi?

It shoots pretty good as is, as I found out the other day. I loaded some into 360DW brass and used 19.5gs of 300MP like I had used with the other 180g bullet that I tried. I could not get them to feed right without seating them deep, which kills the hole reason for using the 360 in the first place. So I loaded them one at a time.
They shot good enough that now I feel the need to make them cycle through the gun. I don't know the velocity as I didn't take time to set up the crony, but I would guess that they are going about the same speed as that other bullet with the same load, right around 1900fps.

The 50yd target shows a lot of potential. I do not get to excited when two bullets land in the same hole as that happens a lot. But when three make a nice little clover leaf, it's a different story. It tells me that the load is doing good, and the shooter is probably at falt for the other bullets that are not in the cluster.

The 100 yd group does not look as good but that is most likely all my fault. The reticals on the 4x scout scope completely block out my little black dot at 100 yards. That makes me have to guess where to aim. I'd have to put my 24 power target scope on the gun to see the true potential of the load, but I'm not sure I want to take it that far!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote:Would you do anything different to it for the rossi?
Probably a bit more nose/ogive bringing the weight up slightly. The 92 doesn't present the cartridge to the chamber as steep as the 1894 does. These would have been very small changes. Looks good!
Michael