A Good Day Looking for Components

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
sandog

A Good Day Looking for Components

Post by sandog »

Some days I don't find anything and some days I score well.
All the decent stores here are 45 minutes in either direction. I drove over to Prescott last week and didn't find anything I needed, not even a pack of primers.

Went to Flagstaff yesterday and bought bullets, powder and primers.
One store had a jug of Vitavouri N110. Never having used Vitavouri powders I had to look up N110, but saw it has a similar burning rate to H110 and Lil' Gun. The jug was priced $39 but was a 2 lb. container.

The same store had hard cast .358 diameter SWC, boxes of 500 were $22, so I bought all three they had.
Cast bullets usually go for at least $50 per 500, but I ended up paying $66 for 1500 bullets.
At another store i got a few boxes of Hornady 158 gr. XTP to try with the N110 powder.

All 3 stores I went to had primers, but you could only buy 2 packs.
The first store wanted $10 per pack so I didn't buy any, but the other two stores wanted $5 per pack so I bought 4 total.

it's nice to see powder and primers staying in stock again. And I actually saw .38 Special and .357 ammo in stock.
GasGuzzler

Re: A Good Day Looking for Components

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have no reason to look for or buy anything. My usage has halted and I bought enough for almost a lifetime when it was cheap...between price increasing incidents and mid-term elections.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.