Moving ammo.....ugh

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Moving ammo.....ugh

Post by Reese-Mo »

Redoing things in spare room, hadda move ammo. Krike, 2250 45acp, 1500 44spl, 1500 45lc and 5000 22LR. Worked up a sweat movin' that. All in the spare loo now, along with a a dozen fambly paks of bog rolls.
ManxTom

Re: Moving ammo.....ugh

Post by ManxTom »

Well I don't have anywhere near that amount of rifle/pistol ammo... but I do have around 8000 12g cartridges an 2000 20g cartridges.. and they are damn heavy..!!
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

They are!

I lucked out since the .223, 7.62x39 and 12g are on shelves in the closet. Its only getting flooring, so no need to move those. Lol....9mm all fits in one dresser drawer! 9's seem to be adequate for small dogs and iguanas, so I dont need a lot of that.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

One of the problems with moving is the need to move the ammo.
30-40 years ago you might just gift it or shoot it and replace it after the move. Now that's not exactly easy.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

30-40 years ago, I didn't have all that much ammo ;)

At least its only from one room to another. This all started with painting the mudroom, and doing a bit of stucco repair. Then she wanted all new molding. I can do that. Then paneling. Ok, that goes before molding.... The she says, you have paint left over, how about painting one wall in the spare bedroom, for contrast. Ok. Then she wants paneling there too. Then a lighter shade of the same color for the other walls, and ceiling. Then molding in the spare bedroom, and finally a floor. Well, things have a certain order, as we know..... so I have to inform her that she is out of order!

Two months ago... while I was painting that bedroom wall, I hear a bunch of crumbling on the other side of the wall. I run to see whats up. She's ripping up flooring in the den! What? Yes, polish the terrazzo under it. Wait, I say.... no sez she-who-must-be-obeyed. She wants polished terrazzo, then paint in two tones upper/lower with chair rail, and wide molding, and new window molding and sill, and new stainless steel edge trim on the kitchen ceramic tile.... Its unending. I have the den about 98 percent done, it needs some fixes on electrical outlets not installed by moi. Those are gonna be a fuster cluck because they're on metallic conduit, not attached to anything, so they're floating, with no room to push 'em flush back into the wall. Why? The wall was not made correctly. I've got to stabilize 'em somehow, then build up around edge, put some decorative trim around the outlet cover. Worth doing I suppose, but.... back to the bedroom, as it needs two done like that too, and I'm gonna do 'em all in one shot, not bit by bit.

Anyone have need of a used Englishwoman? Cheeep? Will trade for primers! :D