I'm not depressed!

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

I'm not depressed!

Post by Reese-Mo »

Somewhat less depressed today.

I got up early. On a whim, I checked some vendors online. StarLine had 45Colt brass in stock ready to ship. Damn, they been out for donkeys years.

Ordered up a bag of 500. That should hold me over for a short while.

Figured I need some tips (aka bullets), so I got onto Missouri's site and ordered up some coated 250g RNFP's.

These will be for rifle only, and I use something different than plain lead for rifle only, to keep me straight as to what goes in what.

And last night I found my great little Boker auto knife, my carry every day, which I thought I lost on a job site. It was hidden in the back of my work truck. I was so glad, I put a new edge on it.

Life ain't so grand, and a bit of opiate against the grind is always welcome.

On the other hand, Bud's was listing 357mag 92's (limit 10) for $845ish as of this morning. Folks, that's what I paid for my Miroku/Winchester, not 14 months ago. Jeeez.
GasGuzzler

Re: I'm not depressed!

Post by GasGuzzler »

Reese-Mo wrote:Somewhat less depressed today. I got onto Missouri's site and ordered up some coated 250g RNFP's.
I haven't coated any of these yet but I ain't washing off the BLL so maybe I'll cast some the next time I fire up the pot. Of course I have yet to find an RNFP mold in .45 I like enough to afford.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Those are beggin' fer coating
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

5am - Starline has brass
8am - Starline sold out
11am - ship notification..... whew!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I just wish I could order 200-250 pieces of brass from Starline, instead of 500 minimum. My last order, about 6 years ago, was 500 pieces of .44 mag brass. Only about half went into the re-loading cycle and the other half is boxed and stashed.

Right now, I'm hoping they will finally produce some 30-30 brass .... I'm not buying their minimum order, but hopefully it's finally get back on the shelves of some commercial vendors and I can but at least a batch of 100 pieces.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Yup, I'm in agreement on "who needs 500" of the 30-30 brass. Pistol brass... I'm sure we all tend to shoot handguns 50 at a shot, at least, so having a bit of brass is not really an issue.

The only rifle that I ever loaded from a big lot of brass was the .223/5.56. A few friends and I went up to some rural property where there was a large mobile home to use. My old friend Ken (God rest his soul) got a bit tipsy, went to bed early, and got up at 2am, and began shooting at the full moon, with my Mini-14, using my ammo, and all of my loaded magazines (about 40 of 'em). He swore he hit it, as it he said it moved over a little bit. Half my ammo gone. Probably half my barrel life too, but the stainless barrel didn't look any worse for the wear.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I tend to load a couple hundred .30-06 or more at a time.
Couple hundred to 500 .308.
5.56/.223 in lots of 500 to 1000 maybe.
7.62x39 in lots of a couple hundred to 500.
I need to load 500 to 1000 .44 mag that I've got lined up. Other than a few lightly loaded for handgun fun I tend to load them so they can be used in either the short or long guns.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Missouri and Starline both shipped. Arriving Sat - Mon.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

brassntips.jpg
Well, to my surprise, Mr. Postman.... excuse me.... "non-gender specific Letter Carrier".... delivered my weighty parcel to the wrong house: My awaaays down the road neighbor. He brought it over and put it on my front step. I was expecting it Monday, so didn't bother to even consider having a look (I use the side door exclusively). The box promptly got rained upon, making further lifting a shlipry-shlimy mess, and my British expat GF discovered it this AM. Even so, I got it inside, and the contents were two boxes of 500 each, Missouri bullets. Missouri had the wherewithal to use a sturdy plastic bag around the inner boxes, so the contents were both dry and easy to handle.

And that begs me to think - How is it that I order brass and bullets on the 13th, they ship on the 14th, and I get possession of each on the 16th?

My unfortunate conclusion is that folks ain't buyin' brass and bullets like they used to, because there ain't a primer, and precious little powder on anyone's radar, and hasn't been for quite some time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Brass lasts a long time for me and I cast my own bullets so there's no need for me to buy either. Glad your stuff came in quickly and you have an honest neighbor.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.