DEWC

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

DEWC

Post by Reese-Mo »

I know they won't feed in my Rossi (unless there's a miracle of engineering), but I ordered up some 44cal DEWC cast bullets, at Brinell 12. Thought they might be good in the Charter Boomer. I'm guessing loading them to close to 800fps. I think Buffalo offers a similar load, or so I've been told.

I'll post a pic or two when they arrive.... which might be a while.

I managed to get 44Spl brass, loaded up 300 of the coated 240ish grain RNFP, but got thinkin' .... maybe I don't need that many "rifle only" bullets. I'm apt to shoot more handgun just for practice than rifle.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: DEWC

Post by Reese-Mo »

dewc.jpg
Thought I'd give a little update. Those are the first batch of 44 DEWC, from RimRock.

Part of me thinks, if they're casting these for Buffalo, then they may be too hard for my use in the Charter Arms Boomer. I'll have to shoot 'em. Heck, if they tumbled all to heck, I wouldn't mind, cuz the Boomers a close range get it done gun.

These are not a true DEWC which should either have a crimp groove at both ends, or no crimp groove at all. Usually you'll find the latter in a 38/357 bullet.

Loaded these 200g DEWCs with 5.2g of Tightgroup, and I'm hoping to get between 750-800fps out of the Boomer with that load.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.