Western Powders -Accurate Powder recall Notice

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Western Powders -Accurate Powder recall Notice

Post by Archer »

I just found a recall notice on Western Powder's website affecting Accurate Powders.
The notice is dated November 18, 2019
DETAILS HERE: http://blog.westernpowders.com/2019/11/ ... ll-notice/

The recall is for specific lot numbers of Accurate 4064, Accurate 2495 and Accurate 4350 manufactured prior to October 2016.

I have in my stocks powder included in this recall which I think was purchased through Midway several years ago. Lucky we are talking a single pound, from what I think I recall was an order of around 20-24#, and based on the unopened container it does not appear to have deteriorated to the point mentioned in the recall at present but I'll be opening it to 'fill it full of water' shortly and looking for 'red fume' and odor.
ACCURATE POWDERS RECALL NOTICE
November 18, 2019

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Canada Valleyfield, Inc (GD-OTS), has determined a potential defect relating to certain lots of Accurate 2495, 4064 and 4350 propellants manufactured for Western Powders Inc. prior to October 1, 2016 and packaged under the Accurate brand name in 1 lb and 8 lb. canisters, may be defective. The use or storage of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury or property damage. Some signs of degradation include, but are not limited to, container lid deformation, discoloration of the containers in the lid area, presence of red fumes when the container lid is opened, or the presence of a strong acidic odor.

GD-OTS and Western Powders Inc. are recalling the following powders packaged under the Accurate brand in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers.

The Lot Number is located either in a box on the back of the label or as a sticker on the bottom of the container.

What You Should Do

1) Immediately fill the container with water which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.
2) Notify Western Powders Inc. at 406-234-0422, or customerservice@westernpowders.com.
We will provide you with a instructions to photograph the bottle showing the lot number and provide refund information.
3) DO NOT load ammunition with affected powder.

NOTE: This recall does not extend to loaded ammunition. Performance of ammunition with propellant showing no signs of degradation will not be altered provided recommended storage conditions are followed. It is recommended that loaded ammunition be checked regularly for deterioration.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but safety is our first concern. Contact us at 406-234-0422 if you have any questions regarding this recall.