Cast Bullet Sources

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Cast Bullet Sources

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Ranch Dog wrote:I'm often asked about sources for cast bullets and while reading my Handloader magazine realized they have quite a few sources advertising bullets so I thought I would put them in a post for those that might be looking.
May I add,
Bumble Bee Bullets
801-367-0870 Made in Utah
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
GreenWolf70

Post by GreenWolf70 »

Magnus Bullets here in north Alabama:

http://www.magnusbullets.com/
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

i called up looking for bullets, guy met me at gas station, saw a roll of 6 gauge insulated wire in my van.
Asked if I would sell him some, I gave it to him. He then invited me to come see his bullet factory, took me in, introduced me to all the guys, and up and gave me 500 95 grain LRN,,,,,, might have a new shootin buddy,, who owns a bullet factory,,,,,, +guns +guns +guns +guns +guns ,,,, now I need powder,,,, :(

Bumblebee Bullets
Last edited by Bibletotingunslinger on 14 Nov 2015 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I will go back through this entire topic and update the list. Just been a bit busy...
Michael
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

I noticed that Missouri Bullet Co. has been mentioned twice, but not yet added. I've also had good service from this company.

They offer discounts to law enforcement and military, active and retired. In addition, they will offer a discount to a registered club. Another site I am on is registered and members get a discount code too.

They do charge postage additionally however, if anyone knows sites that includes postage, it would be helpful to mention it and compare.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hombre wrote:I noticed that Missouri Bullet Co. has been mentioned twice, but not yet added. I've also had good service from this company.
Not intentional just a matter of available time as I seem to always be snowed under.

I went back through every post in this topic and the list should be updated now.
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

I recently tried some 200 gr RNFP at .433 from Dardas. Loaded in 44 Magnum for my 24" Marlin Cowboy with 9.0 Unique in Mag cases. Bore measures .432. 1325 fps like the original 44-40 load.

Using the 6x-24x scope I use for ammo testing I got some nice 1 inch groups at 50 yards.

I loaded 100 rounds and for the last 30 or so I shot as fast as I could load at plinking targets. Barrel never even got warm. After 100 shots, no leading. Ran a dry patch through that took a small amount of powder residue out and found a nice shiny barrel. Feeding was perfect.

I generally use a Lee FCD but the larger diameter bullet would not enter the ring. So, I used an RCBS seater for the crimp. The loaded round would go all the way up without touch until the crimp ring.

Ordered 500 and will report on further development.

Question for Ranch Dog: Anyone making your 265 gr GC bullet? I would like to get some for hunting. Thanks.
03fxsti

Post by 03fxsti »

I like the 270 gr thunderheads fromm Penn Bullets. Shot a bunch through my super red hawk, and was pleased as punch to find out they feed through my .454 R92 like they were designed for it. Still want to try a few in a 45 Colt case though. Great bullets and Mr. Palermo is great to deal with.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

03fxsti wrote:I like the 270 gr thunderheads fromm Penn Bullets. Shot a bunch through my super red hawk, and was pleased as punch to find out they feed through my .454 R92 like they were designed for it. Still want to try a few in a 45 Colt case though. Great bullets and Mr. Palermo is great to deal with.
Thanks for the report, I've added Penn Bullets to the list in the opening post.
Michael
Greebe

Post by Greebe »

I am removing my recommendation for Xtreme Bullets. Their order page still says processing on my order same as it did two weeks ago.

I have called them four times, three if which I was placed on hold for over ten minutes before they just disconnected the call and once left a message without ever getting a return call. I have also left numerous emails in about my order without a response.

Think I probably will not get the bullets based on their lack of customer service. Even if I do I will not order from them again.