Cast Bullet 44 Mag rifle

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Cast Bullet 44 Mag rifle

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

My Henry Big Boy Steel shows a .431 groove diameter. Very few of the on-line casters size different than .430. I found one, GT Bullets, that will size .432. In theory that should work. Any body with experience with GT I'd like to hear.
I tried Penn and discovered that Bob passed and the company is currently shut down

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Cast Bullet 44 Mag rifle

Post by mr surveyor »

I have used GT bullets for the last 2 years or so. I've used a couple versions of their 44 mag (gas checked and plain based), 357 mag (plain based) and 30-30 (gas checked). My first order came to my door within 6-7 days of the order. The next order took almost three months due to the overall chaos in the country at the time, then my most recent order took about 6 weeks. I check the website pretty often to see what the current prices are and the front page banner they use to show the current order delivery time. Looks like they are down to about two week delivery now.

In every case I've found, the GT bullets are as good as any I've ever used and their quality seems to be top shelf. Each time I've ordered I could kick myself for not doubling the quantity of the order.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Thank you, JD.

Make smoke,

I ordered a box of the 240 grain hp. They are currently filling orders from early July so I figure late September which is good maybe it will be a little cooler.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

MattsBullets, GTBullets, Rimrock I think, Western Bullets, PennBullets and one of my most bought, Stateline Bullets