New Henry lever

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

New Henry lever

Post by Mad Trapper »

Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New Henry lever

Post by Mad Trapper »

Im holding out for American walnut, just sayin.
+guns
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I like nothing about it. Things I own that look like that work like something that looks like that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I do like it in that it has the picatinny rail for a light. I could put that rifle to use. If it was available in 41 Mag, I would buy it immediately.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Although I'll admit to having red dots on 2 of my most used levers and I put a Skinner Express on my 1895 I'm still something of a traditionalist when it comes to levers steel or brass and walnut or in some cases rubber wood but you get the idea.

Make smoke, your way,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I like wood stocks, until they crack. I’m starting to like laminated stocks, for that reason.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I wasnt sure if they would come out with pistol caliber carbines with side loading gate.
I thought they would but wasnt 100% sure.
Now it is just a matter of time before they mount them with walnut stocks.
I still prefer my rossi 92, it is just a tougher carbine.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I haven't been on Rossi's web site in a while, but it has a new format, and it appears some modern lever rifles are being introduced. Here is a 357 similar to the Henry above. The went this far, too bad the forearm stock ahead of the barrel band is not a picatinny rail.

They also have the same rifle with the scope base without the peep. The peep should have been a ghost ring for the distances the 357 shoots.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

I would imagine the "peep" can be unscrewed leaving just the base as the "ghost sight".
Sadly they should have moved that sight back to above the receiver at the hammer area.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I can't say I particularly like the looks of the Henry but it is nice to see the side loading gate. Hopefully they don't sharpen the edge of it razor thin like Marlin seems to do on their pistol caliber carbines but it LOOKS Marlinesque.

I don't particularly see the need for the removable tube magazine. Just another part to damage or loose but I probably wouldn't kick about it. I'm not sure it is worth being able to dump the mag without opening the action. I figure you might be able to trip the shell stop in the action to release the bullets one by one without cycling them into the chamber. I've done that with other guns.

I wonder if that Picatinny Rail could be moved t the side M-LOK locations or if it is part of the stock.
Drilled and tapped for a scope.

Who comes up with these wacky barrel lengths 17.4"???

I'm a fan of laminated stocks but I'm not always convinced they are any more durable than a properly sealed wood stock. Sometimes the laminate isn't sealed either. I had a friend that resin pressure treated wood stocks several decades ago to stabilize them. I'm not sure whether or not the results were justified.