Dang Me and black Friday/cyber Monday deals

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Dang Me and black Friday/cyber Monday deals

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Yesterday I stopped at one of LGS just to see what they had on hand. They had a side gate Henry in 45/70 and it kinda' beckoned to me but the price was just a bit more than I felt I could swing. Just a few spots down there was a Marlin 1895 45/70 with a BF/CM sale price that was too good to pass and so I went back today and it is following me home. So far I can't say anything bad the fit finish bluing and lumber are great and the cycle is a little stiff but smooth. I'll have to dig through the gun room and find the ammo I put up when I gave up on the Wizard a year or so ago. Range time tomorrow I hope.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Dang Me and black Friday/cyber Monday deals

Post by TinMan »

Is it the Guide Gun or the longer barrel version?
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

TinMan wrote:Is it the Guide Gun or the longer barrel version?
The longer barrel, they had a guide version but it wasn't on sale and the shoulder can use the extra weight to slow the impulse.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's a great classic rifle. I'd rather have it than the Henry!
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Got to the indoor range and put a few rounds through it and nothing bad to say at all except my shooting. I suspect I'll do something about the sights maybe a Skinner and a high visibility front. I found the plain black blade hard to find under the hood. Could use a little less tension on the loading gate spring and that area needs stoned, very tight gate and sharp edges. Seems to me that one more tool change on the CNC and they could break those edges at the factory. .

I shot mostly some HSM cowboy loads and even with my eyes and the sights together it stayed inside 4" with just and elbow rest. The 3 Leverloution I tried it didn't like which is okay as I don't like it either. More adventures to come

Make smoke,
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Oooo, the 26" 1895CB is on my short list! Congrats to ya!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got the Marlin SS black laminate railed guide gun. It can kick a mite.
I've also got the Winchester 1886 from Japan in a 26" Takdown octagonal with the crescent buttplate.
It is a fun %@*&$ cat but for some reason folks just seem to have problems with that steel buttplate.

I found a couple hundred cases in the reloading room I'd forgotten in addition to the hundred and a half I knew about. I need to load up some more Lyman level II rounds.

Cyber Monday got me as well. Bushnell scopes again.
I need a couple low magnification or dot sights but I think the scopes are taken care of at least until I can afford to drop some serious coin on Leupold.

Now I need to find a half dozen sets of Warne QD rings.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Archer wrote:I've also got the Winchester 1886 from Japan in a 26" Takedown octagonal with the crescent buttplate.
Oooo, now you're talkin' dirty! My heart can't take it, I'm an old man ya know.....