Henry Mares legreally nice. who has one if any?

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Henry Mares legreally nice. who has one if any?

Post by akuser47 »

I was at a new toy store yesterday and cannot get it out of my mind all kinds of toys I want so badd. but the henry rifle american made were very well made the wood well fnished. I then came across the .45LC henry mares leg the prettiest of all mares I have ever seen. I don't like the tube loading design on henries but I still love how well they are made. I wish that they were originally made with a side loading gate like the standard winchesters I will soon have a henry rimfire. those I expect to load at the mag tube just don't like the idea on centerfire anything. what are your thoughts on the henry centerfires?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Henry Mares legreally nice. who has one if any?

Post by Ranch Dog »

In a nutshell; I don't care for the bulk & weight, or the idea of dropping center-fire cartridges down the tube, and the pricing. Kind of feel they had an opportunity to change things up a bit with the 30-30 and 45-70 but did not take advantage of it.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Henry Mares legreally nice. who has one if any?

Post by pricedo »

The Henry center fire leverguns might have been redeemed in my estimation if they had a loading gate in the receiver to humor us die hard traditionalists in lieu of or in addition to the mag tube loading gate.
There are practical reasons that I won't get into why a receiver loading gate would be preferable to a mag tube loading gate.
The Rossi Puma 92/.454 & the newer Braztech R92s in .454 Casull have BOTH a receiver & a mag tube loading gate.
It would be interesting to know how well the Henry rifles are selling. :?:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA