Rossi Revolver Recall!

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Revolver Recall!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I contacted Rossi through a chat session yesterday, here is the update:
We have started sending out FedEx shipping labels to everyone that registered their firearm for the Rossi Safety Notice. The shipping label is being sent via USPS and we are sending them out in the order that the customers registered their firearm. FedEx is only allowing us to send them [the labels} out in batches.
So, if you have registered with Rossi USA for the recall, you will soon receive a FedEx label to return your revolver to Rossi for the fix.
Michael
jtartam

Post by jtartam »

I contacted them 3 months ago and still no response.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I got an email from them two weeks ago verifying my addresses, but haven't seen a thing yet.
Michael
bigdogpete

Post by bigdogpete »

Well, I received a letter a couple of months ago with a mailing lable to send my revolver back for inspection and/or repair. It took me awhile to decide to send it back. Well, received another letter that they got the revolver and it could take up to 12 weeks to get it back. I could go on Rossi or Taurus website to view the status but neither site would work.

I sent an email and got a quick reply that my revolver could not be repaired. They offered me a model 605. Not even a revolver close to what I sent them.

I sent another email stating my obvious concerns and basically the email said, tough. This is all we are offering.

Looks like my options are get my original revolver back, if I can.
or
Take their not so good offer. Not sure what to do.

Pete
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's kind of how I thought it would go down. Similar to the Taurus Millennium Pro recall. Under good faith, you send the pistol in for a repair, and things go dead until you contact them, then they have a particular product they offer in return. What model did you send them?

My revolver is the five-shot 351 38 Spl. I wouldn't want the 605; I want a compact 38 Spl and not a 357 Mag. The only straight-up 38 Spls they have are the 856 which is a six-shot. I don't want a six-shot or I'd of bought one. My holster and speed loaders all fit the 351.

I'll have to ask about the 351 repairs before I send mine in. There is nothing wrong with my pistol, so I doubt that they will get to see it. They didn't get any of my Millennium Pros either.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I don't own any of these and I'm not sure what's supposed to be wrong with them, but it seems Rossi/Taurus is trying to wiggle out of making the needed repairs and offering an inferior product. They have your gun, I suspect they'll refuse to return it. If I had one and I didn't feel up to checking it out myself I'm fortunate in having 2 actual gunsmiths with in an hours drive and I'd have it checked by one of them before it went to the Rossi/Taurus.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
bigdogpete

Post by bigdogpete »

The model I sent in is MODEL R97104. Blued 4" with adjustable sights. 357/38 special. Gees I wish I would have known they would pull this crap.

Pete
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

bigdogpete wrote:The model I sent in is MODEL R97104. Blued 4" with adjustable sights. 357/38 special. Gees I wish I would have known they would pull this crap.
If the pistol was not causing you problems and you like it, have them send it back.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Stories like these are why I'm loathe to send any gun back to the mfg, even for warranty work. Once it's in my hands, I'm not turning loose of it. If I can't fix it, I'll find a local smith who can.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sometimes, maybe it doesn't need to be fixed. I think Taurus wants Rossi out of the pistol business.
Michael