Rossi Revolver Recall!

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Rossi Revolver Recall!

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Got a recall notice email this morning for 357 revolvers. Wonder if anyone else got it as I figured there might be some chatter here. I don't own one thought it was interesting that I got the notice. All I have registered with Rossi are the 2 '92s.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi Revolver Recall!

Post by Arroyoshark »

Just received October American Rifleman today. On page 63 there is 3/4 page notice from Rossi on recall affecting R351, R461, R462, R851, R971, and R972 revolvers. Notice indicates they may fire if dropped. Affects models manufactured btw'n 2005 and 2017 with serial numbers beginning in Y, Z or A thru K.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the heads up O3W! I found the email notice in my spam folder; it was sent on the 17th

I went to rossisafetynotice.com, and sure enough, mine has been recalled. Given the dates and models, I suspect it is every Braztech 38 Spl and 357 Mag they have manufactured. They knew this was coming, that is why they were dropped from production.

This is going to be another black eye Braztech. They have not been delivering well on the Millenium Pro at all. There are owners that jumped the gun on the recall and have been without a pistol for three years now. This was a perfect example of voluntary gun control, it was financially inspired by Braztech, but it showed me how easy a person would give up control of a firearm. Tell him it is unsafe, tell him you will give him half its value in return, and the sheep give it up.

I'm going to fill out the recall registration but not send my revolver in until they start actually making the repair. They are going to need to show me some credibility.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Don't drop it and all is likely well.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Don't drop it and all is likely well.
I will probably do my own testing up on my range. With the Millenium Pro recall, I took all of them to the range and with a rubber mallet did enough testing to ensure that I was not going to have a problem. Will do the same with my 351. I would prefer RossiUSA not touch it.
Michael
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

You do realize that most older Colt and S&W revolvers will fire if dropped just right. This is not that big of a deal in my opinion. How often do you drop your pistol anyway. I have dropped exactly one revolver in my nearly 50 years of using and carrying one. And it still makes me sick thinking about that one. Put a nice ding in a perfect Model 36 Chiefs Special.

But I do understand that many will want their guns fixed just because. By the way I carried a Rossi .357 of the exact model for over five years daily and never had a moments issue.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dionesius3 wrote:But I do understand that many will want their guns fixed just because. By the way I carried a Rossi .357 of the exact model for over five years daily and never had a moments issue.
I hear you, no problems with mine. Haven't dropped it but will check it out.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The firing pin block in many semi autos is IMO a bit ridiculous.
In order for the gun to go off when dropped in the case of a 1911 it has to be dropped about six feet onto the muzzle possibly with a weak firing pin spring else it won't fire.
BUT we've got saddled with the lawyer proof series 80 and Swartz systems that essentially were a response to a problem nobody in their right mind was asking.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I believe it was Jeff Cooper who remarked about solutions in search of problems.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Over a month since Rossi told me not to shoot my 351, not a peep from them. I'm shooting the hell out of it.
Michael