Target Grips for Taurus 441

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Target Grips for Taurus 441

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I've own a Taurus 441 for some time, and long ago despaired of upgrading the grips. There were none to be had outside of Hogue, and all of their offerings had finger grooves. On the way to other things, I stumbled across supply of Herrett's smooth Walnut target grips on GunsAmerica. They fit any of the Taurus K frame clones, if anybody's interested. I'm camping next to my mailbox.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Target Grips for Taurus 441

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Great disappointment. Nice wood, but the mounting screw is directly in line with the hammer strut. This apparently works for Tauri with flat hammer springs, but not compression springs. Shop was willing to provide a refund, but I opted to keep it as a project. How hard could it be to move the hole?
IMG_0859.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Shorten the strut spring seat? Guess I'd have to see it forward and cocked to make sense in my head.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

When the hammer is cocked, the strut extends a lot further into the grip. The mounting screw will need to be offset fore or aft to miss it.
CharlieSW

Post by CharlieSW »

I got my 44102 out to shoot with my R92, and I don't think I would like wood grips on it -- it is a handful to shoot even with 44 spl loads!