Help Dating A. Rossi Revolver

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
rwbrown53

Help Dating A. Rossi Revolver

Post by rwbrown53 »

Hello Rossi owners, I am new to this forum, and need a little information on how I can get my Rossi 357 Revolver that I bought 10 or more years ago dated as to when it was manufactured. It is a 6 shot cylinder and a model M877. It says Amedaeous Rossi on the barrel, and it says made in Brazil, but also says Interarms Alexander Virginia. Also if I am asking this question, please help me and educate my on where I need to go to go to make inquiry's. Thank you, I have several Taurus firearms and I really like this Rossi revolver. I will never sell my Rossi, as it is paid for, and I will never be able to replace it for as cheap as I bought it for. Great old gun, shoots much better than my eyes can see. Thanks
GasGuzzler

Re: Help Dating A. Rossi Revolver

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's not newer than the mid-1990's. After then they're marked Rossi by Taurus before going "all Taurus" sometime in the mid-2000's. There's little nuggets of information on the internet concerning more specific dates of these changes. Taurus/Rossi will date handguns with either of the latter two designations but won't on the early ones like yours in my experience. It's likely not older than the late 1970's. I've narrowed my M88 down to '83-85 but don't care enough to go further.

I hope that helps.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
rwbrown53

Post by rwbrown53 »

This is to Gasguzzler, Thank you sir. I appreciate the information regarding my old Rossi Revolver. I bought it years ago, and I really enjoy shooting it. When I go to the range I always take it with me. I have had several revolvers over the years. I have sold many of them, and regret selling them afterwards. I even sold my J frame S & W. Thanks for the info.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

IF I were to start selling Smith & Wesson revolvers I think the J frame might be the first to go.
Not that it isn't a decent little revolver but it isn't a gun that fits ones hand and I haven't found a great set of grips to help it out.