M88 Double Action Revolver Trigger Fix

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
GasGuzzler

M88 Double Action Revolver Trigger Fix

Post by GasGuzzler »

This is not an innovative procedure I invented. Someone else told me what to do. I'm sure there are video instructions. That being said, here's what I did.

My trigger gauge goes to 10 lbs. It maxed out on the DA pull before the mods. I have no idea where it broke but likely 12-14 lbs!

Not too difficult. I botched the install of the pawl spring inside the trigger and had to go back in to fix it but I got it.

Here's the sliding thingie with the spring inside it behind the trigger, under the hammer after some time on the polishing wheel.

Here's that thingie again along with the polished hammer back in their home. Put a thin coat of grease on these parts and their pivot posts.

Spring as removed.

Cut one full coil off one end and half a coil off the other end. Ran the tails on the wheel a little for a deburr of the cuts. Here's the after.

After this work, the DA ended up at 9 lbs 6 oz. The SA pull after is a nice 3 lbs.

Anyone need a small interior part polished I can do it for you. Pay postage both ways. I do exterior parts too but that'll cost you as my standards are high. :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler

Re: M88 Double Action Revolver Trigger Fix

Post by GasGuzzler »

BTW this will work for any of the S&W clones. Please move this if it's in the wrong place.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great information, thank you! I made this a sticky.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm glad RD has a place to keep my memory. Now I just have to follow some guy's (mine) instructions.