Single action six shooters?

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Metro

Single action six shooters?

Post by Metro »

Has anyone ever inquired as to whether Rossi would ever put out a line of cowboy guns?
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Single action six shooters?

Post by akuser47 »

I doubt it Rossi is is in turmoil of current productions. I cannot foresee a new machine setup in these current times. I suggest a ruger single six to fill your needs.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Metro

Post by Metro »

Bummer, I thought it would be cool to do some pig huntin with my .357 92 and a Rossi six shooter on my side. I'll probably go with a Uberti Cattleman.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

The Uberti Cattle mans are great guns for the money, but be careful to carry it on an empty cylinder. The early ones I have seen do not have the hammer bar safety to protect a loaded chamber from the hammer impact leading to accidental discharge. They still sell exact copies of the old west guns without the safety just be sure to know what you are getting. Regardless of the safety bar any S.A. should be carried on empty cylinder as a safe practice. keep. I've always loved the Remington outlaw with convertible cylinders the .45lc with .45acp cylinder would be fun. Hard to find though. Seems like a unicorn when I find them I'm broke they are available otherwise tuff find. alright I'm done rambling on.
I couldn't help it I had to post a pic of my vaquero lots of work done on her. I still need a stainless .357 92 that I can match to her. The broke piece is the safety block it broke on mine at the range. I was upset but ruger sent me 2 it's a common wearing out part they break often enough. Ruger sent it out free so I am pleased.
Keep us posted to your decision. +corn
Metro

Post by Metro »

I believe you're supposed to keep a hundred dollar bill rolled up in the empty cylinder too.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Lol I like that was that a traditional thing or a joke. Either way I like it.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Apparently Ruger included the story in their New Model around 1970 as a $10 bill for burying money.

I guess a C note would be inflation and still get you a cardboard box in potter's field.

I expect any such money might be better carried in a boot pocket, money belt or another hidden pocket or the like about ones person rather than a cylinder you might not be able to identify when trying to reload the gun under fire.
TGC

Post by TGC »

Look into EAA Bountyhunter. I've got the .44 magnum. Nice gun, new 1 year ago $380. I have enjoyed it.
bounty hunter .44 mag.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metro

Post by Metro »

Thanks TGC that is just what I was looking for. I have known about Ubertis, even had a .357 Cattleman but sold it off. I google searched "affordable six shooters" but EAA never came up. I really don't wanna spend 550+ on a pistol I only carry while huntin.
TGC

Post by TGC »

http://www.gunblast.com/Paco_WineRoses.htm

The only problem I've ever had, and it seems pretty common, is you will need to put some loctite on the screw holding the shroud that covers and guides the ejector rod. Keep an eye on that screw until you do loctite it.

I did refinish the grip and knocked off some of the squared edges on it. (not done yet in this picture) It is a one piece grip.
Also I don't use full house .44 magnums in it,,, more like like hot .44 specials. 240 cast and blue dot.