Custom Rifle Number Two

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
vvllbs

Custom Rifle Number Two

Post by vvllbs »

My first Rossi project (32 H&R) should be complete today, it's got a scope mount and no open sights so I'll attach my trusty Swift 1X scope, that's right no magnification at all, but it gets the job done. I got good groups with my first Hornet and 45 Long before using better scopes. I don't expect the 32 H&R to do much after 25 yards if I think it can group at 50, I'll prolly switch to a 2.5X. Should have it assembled by dinner and have a range report before supper time. Finally found parts for that broken down 20 gauge I paid $30.00 for. It's an adult size frame, I'm wishing I had picked up an adult 243 barrel instead of youth but oh well. Not sure what caliber I will make from the 20 gauge beater. I have a youth receiver that came off a 45 Rossi black powder, when I get the cosmololine of the barrel I'll try her
out too. I'm stopping after 3 Rossi (trying not to get hooked).
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom Rifle Number Two

Post by Ranch Dog »

vvllbs wrote:out too. I'm stopping after 3 Rossi (trying not to get hooked).
I'd say it say it might be too late!
Michael
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

Barrel came in and looks great and locks up on my two small receivers and only problem is fitting the forearm. So much for the range. Hope I didn't ruin the forearm in the process
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

vvllbs wrote:Barrel came in and looks great and locks up on my two small receivers and only problem is fitting the forearm. So much for the range. Hope I didn't ruin the forearm in the process
Details on the forearm fit please! Picture?
Michael
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

Took it to local smith, parts especially for ends are hard to find. May take him a few weeks due to health problems though.