Wizard sight options

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Wizard sight options

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Since my 45/70 Wizard barrel managed to kill the red dot I put on it. I put the factory "sights" back on it and since the rains stop for a while today was range day. First thing I noticed is that since my eye surgery they are a bunch easier ti pick up. At least to me the adjustments on the rear sight are a joke, but I got things reasonably close to center of target. However, if I'm going to stay with irons I need something better searching wizard+sights didn't turn up any solutions. So has anybody changed out the irons on a wizard and been happy with the results. What I want is a good sight picture and repeatable adjustments.

Thanks, make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard sight options

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch dog wrote:Oh well, I guess mine will be sitting on the shelf as well. The high comb of the Wizard's "electric guitar" stock does not allow your eye to use the peep.
That is a quote out of of this topic: Skinner Peep For Wizard or Single Shot

I don't remember the holes for the scope base being suitable for the Skinner peep sights made for the Rio Grande. An option would be the XS SIGHT SYSTEMS - WEAVER BACKUP BASE. This ghost ring is made to fit the Weaver style base.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Thanks, Michael, I saw the thread on the Skinner. I'll take a look at the other link you mentioned. I'm wondering if anything that Williams makes would work I might give them a call tomorrow. Also thinking about something in a 1 to 4 scope, but need something that will stand the recoil. I would think that a scope intended for shotgun use would work.

You stayin' dry?

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well I found out through the Skinner sight that the Wizard mounting holes match the Contender. From the picture is appears to be the rail mounting holes. Some where in the shop I have a couple of old Contender sights I may dig them up and see how the holes line up. If this is so then I would think that any of the Williams sights that fit the Contender would work on the Wizard. The plot thickens with choices :lol: .

Make smoke,
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

If it matches the contender, you have a whole new multitude of options!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well this morning I dug out a selection of Contender sights. One is a Williams with target knobs and a blade and notch. Lines right up with the holes for the rail, but it winds up canted so not a good solution. I also had two styles of Contender rears either one would work if I had some screws with thinner heads. Does anyone know what the thread size is for the screws that mount the rail. I suspect some odd-ball metric as the holes wont accept either the 6-32 or 6-48 I tried.

Put the factory "sights" back on so maybe I can continue load work.

Make smoke,