Tale of three barrels

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Kentucky

Tale of three barrels

Post by Kentucky »

Purchased a Wizard with a 223 barrel and a 22-250 extra several months ago. Couldn't even see where the thing shot at 100 yds. 22-250 barrel same thing. Found out the scope mount holes were misdrilled on both barrels. Sent the 250 barrel to Rossi and received a new one. This one shot pretty well but would blow a doughnut ring around the base of the case neck. This time both barrels went back. Again the 250 was replaced but 223s were out of stock. OK send me another caliber. Chose a 7mm 08 instead of the 223. Both barrels were shipped within a week. They both fit well. After cleaning and cleaning they went to the range today to see if they would actually hit the paper. Shooting at only 25 yds because of time available, with a cheap scope that I couldn't focus, the first 3 rounds of the 250 cut a touching clover, change barrels and scope to 7mm. Same thing! Three rounds touching each other. Going to put a better scope on and see what a100 yd looks like. Rossi service has been very good and maybe the rifle will prove worthwhile.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tale of three barrels

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear that they have straightened things out. Still wish they would add the barrels that they said would be available.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree I wish they were making all the calibers they had listed. It is starting to look like some of keltecs unicorns only once in a while somthing we want shows itself.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I had bought a combination rifle and shotgun barrel and saw their literature for the wizard which was going to include the pistol barrels similar to Thompson Center Contender and Encore series. I was all enthused about having pistol barrels available and they must sell them outside the U. S. I thought they could give TC a good bit of competition but evidently plan to only sell the rifles. I ended up buying a 270 barrel and was going to buy another set but availability of barrels is slow. I ended up buying 2 regular combo guns 30-06 and 243 with 12 and 20 gauge barrels. I know they probably will cringe when I say the barrels are interchangeable but they fit and lock up tight. Maybe luck but their manufacturing tolerance must be pretty good. Any way it was cheaper than going the wizard route.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:I had bought a combination rifle and shotgun barrel and saw their literature for the wizard which was going to include the pistol barrels similar to Thompson Center Contender and Encore series. I was all enthused about having pistol barrels available and they must sell them outside the U. S. I thought they could give TC a good bit of competition but evidently plan to only sell the rifles.
I came on the scene a bit late and not sure what the availability was when the Wizard was first introduced. It is hard to tell with Rossi as of late they really have never advertised like other manufacturers. I know what I see now and there is absolutely no effort to market the Wizard now or make the barrel lineup available. As far as the Single Shots go, I have seen the Youth rifles in advertising but the simple have shrunk the cartridges they are available in. May be they want out of both?
Zippidydoodah wrote:I ended up buying a 270 barrel and was going to buy another set but availability of barrels is slow. I ended up buying 2 regular combo guns 30-06 and 243 with 12 and 20 gauge barrels. I know they probably will cringe when I say the barrels are interchangeable but they fit and lock up tight. Maybe luck but their manufacturing tolerance must be pretty good. Any way it was cheaper than going the wizard route.
The only difference I've seen in the Single Shot and Wizard is the "W" is a little sleeker in appearance. I've been meaning to take some pictures to and will today.
Michael