Uncle Mike's Hammer Spur (4550) For The RG

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Uncle Mike's Hammer Spur (4550) For The RG

Post by joec »

Ok the Uncle Mike's Hammer Extension Winchester 94, Henry 22 Blue #24500 after a few strokes on the solid side and both inside edges fit and worked perfectly. It was $7.$9 at Midway USA and came with an extra set screw and Allen wrench though I put a bit of a dent into the side of my hammer so it locked to stop any chance of it sliding off. It took me about 5 min to widen it about a .002" and .001" in depth. If fits right at the back edge of the hammer and allows it to be fully cocked or even remove the bolt without removing it. I cold blued mine where I filed it then after it dried I installed it using more locktite which is on the screws but added some more.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Mike's Hammer Spur (4550) For The RG

Post by Ranch Dog »

joec wrote:Ok the Uncle Mike's Hammer Extension Winchester 94, Henry 22 Blue #24500 after a few strokes on the solid side and both inside edges fit and worked perfectly. It was $7.$9 at Midway USA and came with an extra set screw and Allen wrench though I put a bit of a dent into the side of my hammer so it locked to stop any chance of it sliding off. It took me about 5 min to widen it about a .002" and .001" in depth. If fits right at the back edge of the hammer and allows it to be fully cocked or even remove the bolt without removing it. I cold blued mine where I filed it then after it dried I installed it using more locktite which is on the screws but added some more.
Any chance of getting a close up picture?
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Here you go but though I have a good camera Canon EOS, I'm a lousy photographer. I took it in every position I could think of to show it works with the bolt etc. I already had it blued and installed when you mentioned pictures. It really didn't take much to get it wide enough and would guess it was about .001" for width and .0005" for depth. Like I said a few passes with a diamond file removing the existing bluing then cold bluing it and if fit perfectly. Used a dremel to put a small indention in the side of the hammer for the screw to set into then added some lock tight and done.
IMG_1534_sm.jpg
IMG_1533_sm.jpg
IMG_1531_sm.jpg
IMG_1530_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The spurs came in for my three Rio Grandes. I just put the first one on and it took no fitting. Slips on flush.
Uncle Mikes Hammer Extension_01.jpg
Uncle Mikes Hammer Extension_02.jpg
Thanks for doing the research Joe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

glad to know what will work thanks guys
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!