Braztech Rossi 92 Pre-Purchase Inspection Checklist

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Braztech Rossi 92 Pre-Purchase Inspection Checklist

Post by Jaybm »

Realizing the original post is outdated and I'm coming to the party late I have to add my
experience.
I must be living right. like most I'd been looking for a .38/.357 lever gun for a long time.
One day at out local Wally World I asked about a lever action in the rack, it was a .30 /.30
of course. I commented to the lady behind the counter how I had been looking for a .38/.357.
I almost fell over when she said let me see if I can order one for you. She made several calls
and the short carbine I always pined for was on it's way !
After a week I got the call " your gun is here, come pick it up ". Opened the box, did as
good an inspection as I was capable of and everything looked good. This rifle has been flawless
accepting every thing I've fed it, both .38 and .357. factory and my hand loads, copper plated
and cast lead.
I was even fairly accurate with the buckhorn sights at 50 yards BUT wanted more so three
changes later I think I'm where I need to be and close to having these old eyes dialed in.

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report, I'm glad it worked out. Here in the US, they seem to be arriving from the distributors in better shape and that is encouraging!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Agreed it does seem they are getting better. Time will tell thanks for giving us the info.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Pitbull

Post by Pitbull »

I've been waiting since October for a R92, 16" S.S in 38spl/357 and this should be my lucky week. I am glad I found this forum and this post for the pre inspection purchase. I will reply back with my findings once I take ownership of her.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Good for you, and welcome to the forum Pitbull ... from another Texan :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Problems to look out for! The manual of life :) not a to complex sort of a question :?: :arrow: :idea:
Beararmz You just have to address each problem by itself slowly all the way.
Amadeo Rossi M92s are of a better build.
But having said that they all need played with.
The latest one is a Taurus 38/357 it had a lot of problems, AND I MAY do a fix post later. +corn
They all need a polish and the metal that seems to be in the workings needs addressed, and once it's fired a few you will start to find the wear marks to address that problem.
The extractor on this Taurus is some cheaper metal, where my Amadeo is stainless extractor.
But getting them to go well- is a great part of life, and when you have a runner! well for the price and the function of what you have . There are a lot of happy people here, and if you aren't competent to do the work then any gunsmith will get it be a runner.
Saying that I have seen video's where they have tried to address there Rossi problems, didn't do it,
only to spend at lest 3 times the amount of money on a new top end rifle and have a gunsmith slick the action.
Then report It's a better rifle, Well of course it will be, because they never got the Rossi running.
Then thinking they are better off, that's at lest three new Rossis, I know which way I would go. ROSSI +1 :D
They are a keeper once you know the workings.
Enjoy your new Rossi.
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality