Maybe the LGS knows something?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

Maybe the LGS knows something?

Postby m-saunoras » 06 May 2018 20

There's a high volume gun store in my area. They claim to have over 4000 guns but I can tell just from the showroom they don't have everything on display. Just last week they pulled two 44 mag model 92 blued 20" barrels out of the basement and put them for sale for $500 each. Both are brand new and and the serial numbers date to 2015.

Given the relative unavailabilty of these rifles it makes me wonder why now and why $500. There don't seem to be any new 44s on gunbroker at all.

I am getting the nicer of the two but I have to wonder....are more on their way? +corn
m-saunoras

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: Maybe the LGS knows something?

Postby mr surveyor » 06 May 2018 20

I paid $449 + tax for my 20" R92 .44 mag in March of 2013. At the time, I felt like I got a good deal ... particularly since I wanted it.

The $500 price tag is about what I consider my personal budget for just about any decent gun, whether long gun or hand gun. But, I haven't been able to buy any new ones since 2015. I'd imagine that my personal target price has gone up at least 100 bucks since then.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Postby Ranch Dog » 07 May 2018 06

They probably just did an inventory and the bean counter said to move them.

My FFL started carrying them after he started processing my online purchases, 2012 through 2014. They were on his racks for around $400 depending on the model. He stopped selling them because of the returns. We are not the average gun store customer as we fix the issues. The average guy takes a problem back.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Rossi Choice: Rio Grande

Postby m-saunoras » 07 May 2018 20

I would say $500 is average for around here. I see some used or new as low as $450 and others up in the $600 range if it's a special variation. I gladly paid $600 for another Casull.

I saw a 44-40 stainless octagon 24" barrel this weekend for $500. That seems like an unusual model but I think the same gun show seller has had it a while.
m-saunoras

Return to 92