My Start

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

My Start

Post by GasGuzzler »

What I have empty right now is new. It should work.

What I have to put on top is not new, newly cast by someone else, newly? lubed with some blue stuff.

I got a boatload of these (not really) because I'm still too shy to try to cast. They're supposed to be 162 but a quick check of a few shows they're a little heavier.

I have plenty of CCI SPP (not shown).

My favorite .357 pistol load is about 14 gr 2400 and a SPP under a 158-ish SWC. I'm sure that drives many of y'all crazy as I don't have the mold number.I see now that I'll likely need heavier than the 162+ I have as well as some powder I don't have...maybe. Since the HAWK loves to eat 2400 the W296 I have needs tickled.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: My Start

Post by Jaybm »

My unknown bullets are similar ...

23 1/2 lbs will last me forever, the Bersa Thunder Pro is snappy so it isn't shot often.

Keep us posted ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

It worked!

I might have overpaid but I've been casually looking for three years.

I'm guessing late '80's or early '90's. I'll find out later. Slightly plum receiver but that's fine with me. Only wear is on the left side of the front band, not bad. It's VERY oily. Wood is well kept but has a too hard, too thick something I'll mess with later.

It has a ring, not fond of that for the blue damage (ghosting) it causes. Guy gave me a piece of leather and a strip of strap. Not sure that's my deal at all but a nice gesture and a possible solution.

Butt plate is the only ill-fitting part I found, super proud and gapped at the bottom. No matter, I tinker and fix.

Came from the local "I buy guns" bumper sticker guy but I didn't know that going in. No matter.

Dug out some .357 to cycle through it. What I found was 166 gr SWC in new Starline brass over 14.5 W296. Maybe the wrong nose profile, possibly low charge for 20". They cycled although I had to be surely positive with the lever both fore and aft. It didn't like it but did it anyway.

I have more thoughts but for now just a pic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Okie44

Post by Okie44 »

Looks mighty fine from here! :mrgreen:
“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.”
― Mark Twain
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

In the immediate I'm looking for a way to fill the ring holes....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:In the immediate I'm looking for a way to fill the ring holes....
Awe man, I hope you didn't pull the saddle ring? That is the best way to carry the rifle with a saddle ring sling!
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've read the related topics and I probably won't hack it off. I need a solution for the damage to the finish.

I'll get some better pics later....the good (overall) and the bad (front band, butt plate, SR damage to the blue) as a point of reference.

Here's what I found at the ready in the cabinet to test cycle. I know these aren't ideal but it seemed to take extra effort both ways with the lever. Ejection is VERY strong.

I don't see any plastic parts on it. Need to research the serial number, etc.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

GasGuzzler wrote:I don't see any plastic parts on it. Need to research the serial number, etc.
No information I can find. As stated elsewhere here regarding Amedeo Rossi's, Rossi can't help me. I'm two for two on Interarms Rossis with no records. I went to the RossiUSA site and joined chat but the advisor told me they had no information on the PISTOL the serial number was from. :shock: Doesn't hurt to ask.

Yes, I read other topics but I'm out of work this afternoon so I tried anyway. :D

My SN is K 02XXXX and looks almost identical to one posted here back in October 2015. Mine does not have the ROSSI inside the circle on the left side of the receiver. The receiver is completely slick other than the SN underneath. All other markings are along the barrel.

AMEDEO ROSSI
INTERARMS
MADE IN BRAZIL
.38 SPECIAL-.357 MAGNUM R92 SRC

It has a metal shell lifter, steel butt plate, steel fore end band, steel front barrel band with integrated sight, drift adjustable rear ladder style sight (forgot the name) that's all metal. Not sure if the newer ones have any of these parts plastic. I like metal hence my 10/22 has none either - other than the magazines.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

PICS!

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice rifle and I see what you mean about the saddle ring wear on your rifle. Like I've noted all mine have the rings but not the wear. Based on the wear, I would say this rifle has spent a lot of time laying on it's saddle ring side on a truck seat with the ring "up". I cannot picture what would cause the wear otherwise as gravity drops it. Mine have spent a heck of a lot of time on the seat of my Mule UTV but I always lay then with the saddle ring up and then have no wear in this area. I think the tendency of a right handed shooter is to place it on it's left side but it needs to be laid on its right side.
Michael