My New Rio Grande .30-30

Rossi's latest big game rifle offering chambered in 30-30 Win, 45-70 Govt., and a .410 scattergun!

My New Rio Grande .30-30

Postby RaineWalker » 18 Sep 2012 19

I had been looking to buy a lever action, so I've been researching the Marlin 336 in .30-30. I came across the Rossi Rio Grande la liked the looks. Had not decided what I wanted. The previous Saturday was a bad day, so I figured I need to have a little retail therapy, was at the gun shop and looking through the lever actions, they had a stainless steel Rio Grande .30-30. The rifle looked good the fit and finish was excellent, so as part of my therapy I bought it. The price was about half of what they wanted for a Marlin 336.

Got it home, wiped down the rifle applied some lube. I then ran snap caps through the rifle about 50 times, the action is smooth had no problems there was no jams or binding of the action.

I noticed that the stain from the stock was on my hand. So I wiped down the stock with a couple of coats of furniture oil, that only managed to take of most of the stain. I'll just need to refinish wood in the future.

The sling swivel stud in the stock needs a spacer as it turns to far.

Took it to the range today, fire fired a few rounds off hand. Recoil was mild with just a slight push, very comfortable to fire. The sights a not bad, but could use a quality peep sight or a scope.

Over all I find that it is a quality rifle, and a very reasonable price. I do not have buyer remorse. I will be looking a Rossi 92 in .454 in the future.
Attachments
MyRioGrande-small.jpg
My Rio Grande
MyRioGrande-small.jpg (112.36 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
Last edited by RaineWalker on 23 Sep 2012 00, edited 2 times in total.
RaineWalker

My Rossi Choice: Rio Grande

Interested in this topic?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to Rio Grande