Scope Question

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
schwasskin

Scope Question

Post by schwasskin »

So I have been looking for a scope for my 30-30. I came across a good deal on a leupold ultimate slam 2-7x33 $100. This scope is made for a muzzle loader.
Do you guys think it would be fine on my lever action? It seems like a good price on this scope.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
JBox818

Re: Scope Question

Post by JBox818 »

It's a leupold it'd be perfect for any rifle. Not sure what the reticle looks like but leupolds are the best value for quality I have personally found. They put up with the bear/deer hunts here in southeast Alaska
schwasskin

Post by schwasskin »

It has the Sabot Ballistics Reticle http://www.americanrifleman.org/Gallery ... =39&id=243
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

schwasskin wrote:So I have been looking for a scope for my 30-30. I came across a good deal on a leupold ultimate slam 2-7x33 $100. This scope is made for a muzzle loader.
Do you guys think it would be fine on my lever action? It seems like a good price on this scope.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Googled "leupold ultimate slam 2-7x33" it and the sight picture is a bit too "busy" to suit me but it's normally a more than $300 scope.
I'd grab it for $100.
I have 10 Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33mm scopes on heavy hitting medium range hunting rifles like my 2 Guide Guns and own several other Leupold scopes.
I have a lot of Bushnell "Trophy" scopes on low recoiling rifles like my Rio Grande 30-30 Win.
The Bushnels have crystal clear optics and are tough scopes but not quite as rugged as the Leupolds but of course they're only 1/2 the money.
You can't beat Leupold in regards to value for money.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
schwasskin

Post by schwasskin »

Yeah the sight picture is busy. I decided not to get it, plus the guy selling it on armslist never did get back with me. I ended up getting a redfield 3x9x40, for 68 bucks shipped.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

schwasskin wrote:Yeah the sight picture is busy. I decided not to get it, plus the guy selling it on armslist never did get back with me. I ended up getting a redfield 3x9x40, for 68 bucks shipped.
The "new" Redfield is Leupold's low end scope.
In the good ole days Redfield was Leupolds chief competitor in North America for years til Leupold got the marketing edge and drove Redfield out of business.
Leupold really rubbed their old competitors nose in it by buying them after they lost the competition and making them their low-ball product.
I have a new Redfield and 2 or 3 "old" Redfields still kicking around.
The old Redfields are tough scopes and the optics are really clear.........no complaints with the new Redfields either.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA