Brownells Model 10 Lace On Cheek Piece

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Brownells Model 10 Lace On Cheek Piece

Post by Archer »

I also notice the quilt and admired the pattern.
A little ambivalent about the bobwire but even so that's a very nice pattern.
SaltH2Odeprived

Post by SaltH2Odeprived »

Archer wrote:I also notice the quilt and admired the pattern.
A little ambivalent about the bobwire but even so that's a very nice pattern.
Wife said: "You can get one at Bed Bath and Beyond, and quit putting your darn greasy gun on my quilt"
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I've heard women talk about going shopping at "B, B and B" and wondered what they were talking about. All I could think of was Bullets, Bacon and Beer, but figgered that probably wasn't their destination.

jd :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Hmm,
I think Discover has a deal where you can trade bonus bucks for gift cards at a 4 for 5 rate.
Might be worth taking a look.
mran1126

Post by mran1126 »

I can't tell from the pic...but what keeps that from sliding forward on the stock? Could you maybe post a pic of the back of the butt stock? Thanks
TGC

Post by TGC »

SaltH2Odeprived wrote:
TGC wrote:
medium marlin phone.JPG
I like that sling. Where did you get it? I am looking for one like that for another gun.
To be honest, I don't remember but I know where some are with similar prices and maybe better quality.
http://www.cowboyneeds.com/tk_hunting.html

The one I've got probably came from somewhere like Midway.
SaltH2Odeprived

mran1126 wrote:I can't tell from the pic...but what keeps that from sliding forward on the stock? Could you maybe post a pic of the back of the butt stock? Thanks
image.jpg
I first put the leather lace in a zip lock baggie with about a teaspoon of some liquid leather conditioner that I use on my sofa. Squished it until all of the conditioner was absorbed, this made it softer, more flexible, stretchy and a little slick. Started wrapping from back with the loop end stretched over the bottom of the stock, the lace ends went thru the eyelets from inside to out, cross over, thru inside to out, etc. Once laced all the way to the front, each side was worked back toward the back, looping around each of the top cross laces. At the end of the stock, each side crossed over the stock end,was tied and the loose tail tucked under the pad. So there are three strands of leather across the bottom, it fits below my armpit, don't feel it at all. Once the conditioner dried out, it is very sung, I can not make it move at all. So there ya go... A picture AND a thousand words.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Not nit-picking for sure but ... I'd go one more step to "finish" the fine work
you've already done.
I don't know how to do it but smooth and dye the rough cut edge or however
they do the edges of a fine gun belt and you'd be 100% finished.
Just my HO ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
SaltH2Odeprived

Update on the cheek piece. After shooting 25 rounds fine tuning some hand loaded 325 grain Rim Rock bullets on a hot day, the combination of my sweat and the recoil, the leather lace that was wrapped around the butt stock slipped and the cheek piece slid forward on the stock. I figured out a better solution to keep the cheek piece in place. The goal was to not irreversibly alter the gun stock. I drilled a hole in the top of the cheek piece and secured it using the factory top screw that attaches the metal butt plate. Hold your comments about that beautiful blanket... This is a gun forum!
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

And it looks like it also works for those of us built to use or left hands :D

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image