Large loop lever to retrofit a new 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

Large loop lever to retrofit a new 92

Postby Airwolf » 20 Jul 2012 02

So, I've been looking everywhere for a large loop lever for my new 92 with no luck.

In a wild fit of logic, I called Rossi's service department to see if I could buy the lever from them. The technician who identified himself as a Taurus rep had no idea what I was talking about so I suggested he ask his manager. He then informed me that his manager said the they don't sell large loop levers for the 92. I asked how that could be when they advertise rifles with the large loop on their website and he said that the large loop lever could not be retrofitted as the guns with that lever are special built to take it. I politely told him to never mind.

I sent Steve (Steve's Gunz) an email and told him of my experience. He said (also politely) that they have no idea what they are talking about and to go ahead and buy the loop from Rossi since he had no inventory.

As I have put a scout scope on the rifle (old eyes), I think it would look silly with the large loop so have abandoned the idea.

How do those boys stay in business?

Jeff
Jeff
Airwolf

My Rossi Choice: M92

Interested in this topic?

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to 92