R92 Chambered in 41 Mag?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Greebe

Re: R92 Chambered in 41 Mag?

Post by Greebe »

I have a .41 Mag Blackhawk and have often thought a Lever in the same would be cool. Did you ever get the Marlin?
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Since this thread started Henry has introduced a big boy steel in 41 mag. There is a report elsewhere on here.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
The average going price right now on the Henry Steel 41's is around $669 plus shipping to your FFL. That is about $35 above the price of a caliber 45 or 44.
Henry says they will keep churning them out till the buyers are happy. I figure the $630 sum area is where I will jump in. Then sell off the Marlin CCL and buy another Henry to wack off at 16 inches.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Greebe

Post by Greebe »

Yeah I have looked at the Henry rifles, but just can't find the appearance to my liking. The barrel and mag tube need to be rearranged like a lever action. They look more like a .22LR bolt gun made by Savage. The large gap between the barrel and mag tube just looks wrong to me. The mag tube length looks off on most of them as well. Must just be used to Winchester 1892's and 1894's as well as Marlin lever guns. If they would make those changes I would start buying them.
John T

Post by John T »

mr surveyor wrote:well... it's unanimous .... or close enough....

RD, your first mission, post-retirement, is to convince Rossi to produce the R92 in .41 mag (and offer all of those in this thread that promoted such a wonderful endeavor a 50% discount to beta-test the first run)

all in favor say "Aye" :D

jd
"Aya"41 Mag for me too!!
JT +guns
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Greebe wrote:Yeah I have looked at the Henry rifles, but just can't find the appearance to my liking. The barrel and mag tube need to be rearranged like a lever action. They look more like a .22LR bolt gun made by Savage. The large gap between the barrel and mag tube just looks wrong to me. The mag tube length looks off on most of them as well. Must just be used to Winchester 1892's and 1894's as well as Marlin lever guns. If they would make those changes I would start buying them.
I don't mind the gap so much as I mind the .22 front loading tube.